Wear Resistance, Friction, and Lubrication In Industrial Applications
Tribology is an interdisciplinary field of science and technology dealing with friction, wear, and lubrication. From automotive engine components to cartilage and tissues, tribology can be applied in various fields.
Check out this in-depth webinar to learn more about the tribological characterization of different surfaces and systems. We will cover the theoretical aspects of tribology as well as discuss selected applications. You will also get insights into the right instrument selection for characterizing tribological properties of surfaces and interfaces – from tribometers to an atomic force microscope. In this webinar, we will focus on the following applications:
- Determination of transition between static and kinetic friction of different contacts/interfaces
- Frictional and wear performance of additives in an engine oil and the effect of contamination
- Characterization of boundary and mixed lubrication with the help of an MCR tribometer and surface characterization using the atomic force microscope (AFM)
- Friction and wear performance of hard coatings at elevated temperatures
- Why and how to use the high temperature tribometer and how to analyze the data obtained during the tests
2018-09-11, 22:00 - 22:00
Trainer: Dr Kartik Pondicherry
Dr, Kartik Pondicherry has a Doctorate in Tribology from the University of Leoben in Leoben, Austria. He has been working in the field of tribology for over a decade and is responsible for the global tribology portfolio of Anton Paar. Dr. Pondicherry has conducted numerous seminars and trainings on tribology across the globe.
Contact person and registration:
Tel.: +43 - 316 - 257 - 3720
Registration deadline is already over.