FTIR wine analyzer: Lyza 5000 Wine
The better alternative for wine analysis
Lyza 5000 Wine is the premium solution for fast wine analysis in wine production, wine laboratories, and filling plants. Fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, in combination with chemometric models, allows simultaneous determination of essential wine parameters, including alcohol content, sugars, and organic acids.
Connectivity to existing measurement systems, automation, and short measurement times guarantee instant results. The innovative integrated software allows operation of Lyza 5000 Wine right away, without any training.
Lyza 5000 Wine: the FTIR instrument tailor-made for the wine market by Anton Paar – your trusted instrument provider in the wine industry.
Simple operation meets powerful functionality in Lyza 5000 Wine
- Achieve instant results due to intuitive setup and minimum measurement times of <1 minute
- Navigate through your daily operation with the user interface inspired by the look and feel of modern smartphones
- Set up complex measurement routines with the most intuitive Xsample integration
- Guided workflows for reference measurements and integrated determination of the state of health of your instrument ensure reliable results – all day, every day
- Lyza 5000 Wine is equipped with a 10.1” high-resolution touchscreen and performs all data analysis automatically – with no need for an external PC
The most versatile wine analysis system
- Manual filling allows quick and easy stand-alone operation in small wine laboratories.
- Enhance your sample throughput via automation with Xsample sample changers.
- Lyza 5000 Wine connects to the benchmark instruments for wine laboratories: from DMA M density meters to complete Alcolyzer wine analyzing systems.
- Due to simultaneous measurements in these setups, you obtain more than 15 parameters without increasing the overall measurement time.
- Export an all-in-one report showing results from all connected instruments to your LIMS or print it directly from Lyza 5000 Wine.
Specially designed for the wine market
- Lyza 5000 Wine’s ATR sample cell is tailor-made for quality control in the wine market. The 12-bounce design gives ideal signal intensity which is less influenced by turbid or gassing samples compared to commonly used transmission cells.
- The most accurate measurement cell temperature control of any wine analyzer (±0.03 K) gives you the best reproducibility.
- The hermetically sealed FTIR spectrometer core reduces environmental influences to a minimum, resulting in unparalleled repeatability.
- Checks and adjustments only require water and binary ethanol solutions – no need for dedicated proprietary reference standards.
- Easily adapt the implemented globally valid models for wine to your local needs by following guided workflows – this makes model adjustment accessible for all user groups.
|Ethanol||[%v/v]||6 to 20||0.02||0.1|
|Fructose||[g/L]||0 to 6||0.2||0.45|
|Fructose||[g/L]||6 to 160||0.5||2.0|
|Glucose||[g/L]||0 to 3||0.2||0.45|
|Glucose||[g/L]||3 to 150||0.5||1.5|
|Titratable acidity||[g/L]||2 to 12||0.02||0.35|
|Volatile acids||[g/L]||0 to 1.5||0.02||0.12|
|Malic acid||[g/L]||0 to 7||0.05||0.45|
|Tartaric acid||[g/L]||0 to 5||0.05||0.35|
|Lactic acid||[g/L]||0 to 3||0.05||0.30|
|pH||-||3 to 4||0.01||0.08|
|Density||[g/mL]||0.98 to 1.1||0.0002||0.001|
|Extract||[g/L]||0 to 350||0.3||2.0|
|Glycerol||[g/L]||0 to 25||0.2||1.0|
|Minimum sample volume||approx. 14 mL|
|Measurement time per sample3||42 seconds|
|Cell type||12-bounce ATR flow-through cell|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||440 mm x 320 mm x 230 mm (17.3 in x 12.6 in x 9.1 in)|
|Cell temperature control||Peltier elements, Stability ±0.005 K, Accuracy ±0.03 K|
|Power supply||AC 100 to 240 V; 47 to 63 Hz; DC 24V, 3A|
|Weight||15.2 kg (33.5 lbs)|
|Communication interfaces|| |
|Display||10.1”, TFT WXGA (1280 x 800 Px); PCAP touchscreen|
1 Mean standard deviation of repeatability according to ISO 5725, using a set of representative wines
2 Root mean standard error of prediction for a set of representative wines; under ideal conditions
3 After temperature equilibration
4 Via external WiFi/Bluetooth dongle