FTIR wine analyzer: Lyza 5000 Wine
The FTIR analyzer you have been waiting for
The novel multi-parameter FTIR analyzer Lyza 5000 Wine is your solution for the analysis of wine, must and must in fermentation.
Fast measurements for a multitude of parameters ensure you have all the information you need during all steps of wine production. Thanks to a quick setup and pre-installed models all important results for wine analysis, including ethanol, sugars, and acid profile are just a tap away.
Lyza 5000 Wine can be used as a stand-alone device, automated for high throughput, or connected to your benchmark instruments – Anton Paar density meters and alcohol meters – for the most powerful wine analysis.Get in touch Document finder
More than 13 parameters are just a tap away
- Receive results for more than 13 parameters for wine and must including ethanol, sugars, and acid profile in a single measurement.
- Minimal measurement times of less than one minute allow for high sample throughput and fast reaction times.
- Easily handle single measurements, adjustment of models, or even complex measurement routines with the user-friendly touchscreen interface.
- Lyza 5000 Wine performs all data analysis automatically – there’s no need for an external PC.
- Integrate Lyza 5000 Wine into your LIMS system for the highest degree of automation.
The most powerful wine analysis system
- Manual filling allows quick and easy stand-alone operation in small wine laboratories.
- Enhance your sample throughput via automation with Xsample 520 at an affordable price.
- Lyza 5000 Wine connects to the benchmark instruments for wine laboratories: from DMA M density meters to a complete Alcolyzer wine analysis system including Alcolyzer ME, HazeQC, and pH ME.
- Receive results from Lyza 5000 Wine and all connected instruments in a single report after only one sample preparation, one filling, and one measurement.
- Reports can be automatically printed and digitally exported to your hard drive or network storage via Ethernet and WiFi.
The highest precision in the wine market
- Lyza 5000 Wine’s 12-bounce ATR measurement cell delivers ideal signal intensity and is barely influenced by turbid or gassing samples.
- The most accurate measurement cell temperature control of any wine analyzer (±0.03 °C) guarantees the most stable measurement conditions.
- Live notifications inform you about the state of the instrument and recommend what action to take.
- Integrated workflows guide you through water and ethanol reference measurements – no proprietary reference standards necessary.
Must and must in fermentation
|Ethanol||[%v/v]||0 to 14||0.02||0.1|
|Fructose||[g/L]||0 to 6||0.35||0.5|
|Fructose||[g/L]||6 to 50||0.35||2.5|
|Fructose||[g/L]||50 to 160||0.35||5.5|
|Glucose||[g/L]||0 to 6||0.2||0.5|
|Glucose||[g/L]||6 to 50||0.2||2|
|Glucose||[g/L]||50 to 160||0.2||4|
|Titratable acidity||[g/L]||2 to 12||0.1||0.55|
|Volatile acids||[g/L]||0 to 1.5||0.02||0.12|
|Malic acid||[g/L]||0 to 7||0.06||0.55|
|Tartaric acid||[g/L]||1 to 9||0.06||0.6|
|Lactic acid||[g/L]||0 to 2||0.05||0.3|
|pH||DAII||3 to 4||0.01||0.08|
|Density||[g/mL]||0.99 to 1.12||0.0002||0.001|
|Must weight5||°Brix||-2 to 29||0.05||0.25|
|Extract||[g/L]||0 to 350||0.4||2.0|
|Glycerol||[g/L]||0 to 10||0.1||0.5|
|Yeast assimilable nitrogen||[mg/L]||0 to 300||4||35|
|Ethanol||[%v/v]||6 to 20||0.02||0.1|
|Fructose||[g/L]||0 to 6||0.2||0.45|
|Fructose||[g/L]||6 to 160||0.5||2.0|
|Glucose||[g/L]||0 to 3||0.2||0.45|
|Glucose||[g/L]||3 to 150||0.5||1.5|
|Titratable acidity||[g/L]||2 to 12||0.02||0.35|
|Volatile acids||[g/L]||0 to 1.5||0.02||0.12|
|Malic acid||[g/L]||0 to 7||0.05||0.45|
|Tartaric acid||[g/L]||0 to 5||0.05||0.35|
|Lactic acid||[g/L]||0 to 3||0.05||0.30|
|pH||-||3 to 4||0.01||0.08|
|Density||[g/mL]||0.98 to 1.1||0.0002||0.001|
|Extract||[g/L]||0 to 350||0.3||2.0|
|Glycerol||[g/L]||0 to 25||0.2||1.0|
|Minimum sample volume||15 mL|
|Measurement time per sample3||42 seconds|
|Cell type||12-bounce ATR ZnSe flow-through cell|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||450 mm x 340 mm x 240 mm (17.7 in x 13.4 in x 9.4 in)|
|Cell temperature control||Peltier element, Stability ±0.005 °C, Accuracy ±0.03 °C|
|Power supply||AC 100 to 240 V; 47 to 63 Hz; DC 24V, 3A|
|Weight||15.2 kg (33.5 lbs)|
|Communication interfaces|| |
|Display||10.1 in PCAP touchscreen |
TFT WXGA (1280 Px x 800 Px)
1 Repeatability as mean standard deviation according to ISO 5725, using a set of representative wines
2 Root mean square error of prediction for a set of representative wines; under ideal conditions
3 After temperature equilibration
4 Via external WiFi/Bluetooth® dongle
5 Available units: °Brix, SG, °Oe, °KMW, °Baumé, g/L
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
How to achieve best performance in lab proficiency tests with Lyza 5000 Wine Application Reports en
The correct making and use of binary ethanol standards Application Reports en