Inline Beverage analyzer:
- In-tank fermentation monitoring of beer, wine, or spirits – no sampling required
- Continuously tracks the progress and determines the endpoint of fermentation
- “Install and forget” device for years of continuous operation
Fermentation Monitor 5100 continuously monitors the alcoholic fermentation during the production of beer, wine, or spirits via refractive index measurement directly in the tank.
The reduction in the concentration of sugars due to yeast metabolism and at the same time the increasing concentration of alcohols have opposing but predictable influences on the refractive index and can be used to determine the fermentation parameters.
Optimize and control your fermentation
Fermentation Monitor 5100 continuously tracks the progress and determines the endpoint of fermentation directly in the tank.
No time-consuming manual sampling and pretreatment of the wort is necessary. Any irregularities, such as incorrect temperature control, growth deviations, etc., are detected to ensure fermentation consistency and achieve greater end-product uniformity.
One monitor for the full range of fermentation parameters
The Fermentation Monitor 5100 determines all relevant parameters to characterize the state of the fermentation:
- Original extract [°Plato]
- Apparent extract density [°Plato]
- Alcohol [%w/w]
- Alcohol 20 °C [%v/v]
- Real extract [°Plato]
- Real degree of fermentation [%]
- Fermentation speed [Alcohol 20 °C increase in %v/v per hour]
Ideal for in-tank monitoring
Benefit from “install and forget” simplicity and years of continuous operation. All cleaning routines are performed directly in the tank.
|Extract||0 °Plato to 30 °Plato|
|Alcohol||0 %v/v to 10 %v/v|
|Temperature control method||Automatic temperature compensation; integrated Pt-100|
|Ambient temperature range||-20 °C to 60 °C|
|Process temperature||-20 °C to 100 °C |
CIP/SIP up to 145 °C for 30 min
|Pressure range, absolute||100 mbar to 16 bar (10 bar @ >120 °C)|
|Weight||approx. 7 kg|
|Process wetted parts, standard||Stainless steel 1.4404 |
Sapphire (Al2O3 – 99.997 %)
|Enclosure protection||IP65; IP67 / NEMA 6P|
|Process connections||Tuchenhagen VARIVENT® Type N|
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Beverage | Soft Drinks | Complete Your Soft Drink Analysis Application Reports en
Beverage | Soft Drinks | Online Process Measurement in the Soft Drink Industry Application Reports en, ko, zh