Packaged Beverage Analyzer:
- Direct selective alcohol determination with Alcolyzer 3001 Beer
- Zero sample preparation; results more than 9x quicker than with conventional methods
- Modular setup with more than 30 industry-specific parameters
- For all types of beer, cider, hard seltzer and Kombucha
- Simultaneous determination of °Brix and CO2 content
- Zero sample preparation: Operator influences entirely eliminated
- Modular setup: more than 10 industry-specific parameters
- Automatic correction of all parameters for dissolved CO2 impact
Anton Paar’s new Packaged Beverage Analyzers, PBA 5001 Beer and PBA 5001 Softdrink, are single lab systems for every step of your beverage production process delivering customized, automated analysis in just 3 minutes – up to 9x faster than conventional methods. The simultaneous single-cycle measurement eliminates time-consuming calibration, minimizes cleaning, and saves you up to 2 hours a day. And the new interface optimizes operator support and data management.
Packaged Beverage Analyzers provide results much faster than conventional methods requiring sample preparation in the form of e.g. degassing and filtration, which are eliminated, along with errors due to poor sample handling, by the Analyzers’ automatic correction for the impact of dissolved CO2. In 3 mins, the PBAs tell you all you need to know about your product properties, and give you the time to make adjustments if necessary. Additionally they come with a modular, freely-configurable setup.
- Optimize valuable capacity in your lab
- Determine your key parameters in only 3 minutes
- Safeguard product quality
Monitoring and releasing a product batch is a critical task which needs to be performed under time constraints, and requires resources in your laboratory.
The simultaneous analysis of all relevant quality parameters with a single Packaged Beverage Analyzer reduces analysis time to just 3 minutes – over 9x quicker than conventional methods.
Obtain maximum information super-fast, ensure product quality, and reduce lab personnel effort to a minimum.
- Fill samples directly from the packaged beverage
- Get rid of time-consuming sample preparation
- Enhance lab productivity
Obtaining quality parameters using traditional methods often requires degassing and filtration. This involves the risk of sample spoilage and potential loss of volatile ingredients.
The direct, pressurized filling of a sample in a Packaged Beverage Analyzer eliminates entirely the need for sample preparation, use of glassware, and potential contamination of the product.
Elimination of operator interaction with the sample, ensures airtight reliability of analysis results.
- Suit the measuring solution to your requirements
- Select from a modular portfolio
- Benefit from simultaneous multiparameter analysis
Quality assurance and the need to monitor specific quality parameters are often defined by the sample characteristics and require individual measurement solutions.
The modular setup of the Packaged Beverage Analyzer allows the configuration of your ideal measurement solution, including the parameters you need.
Analyze all required quality parameters from a single sample on a single system within a single measurement cycle and reduce the complexity in your laboratory to a minimum.
- Select the parameters you are interested in
- Adapt to your specific needs
- Embrace top usability, for your peace of mind
Defining parameters of interest, display configurations, and output quantities can be a time-consuming task.
Anton Paar’s Packaged Beverage Analyzers come with predefined products, and identify the most suitable output quantities for your specific application.
Do away with time-consuming individual configuration of your parameters, while retaining the freedom to customize the system wherever needed.
|PBA 5001 Beer||PBA 5001 Softdrink||DMA 4101||DMA 4501||DMA 5001|
|Density||0 g/cm³ to 3 g/cm³|
|Temperature||15°C / 20°C||20 °C||0 °C- 100 °C|
|Pressure||up to 10 bar (145 psi) absolute pressure|
|Alcohol||0 to 12 %v/v||-||-||-||-|
|Original Extract||0 to 30 °Plato||-||-||-||-|
|Color (optional)||0 to 120 EBC||-||-||-||-|
|Concentration sugar actual||0 °Brix - 15 °Brix||0 °Brix - 80 °Brix|
|CO2 concentration||0 vol. to 6 vol. (0 g/L to 12 g/L) at 30 °C (86 °F) |
0 vol. to 10 vol. (0 g/L to 20 g/L) <15 °C (59 °F)
|O2 concentration||0 ppm to 4 ppm||-||-||-|
|pH value||pH 0 to pH 14|
|Density||0.00001 g/cm³ (DMA 4101) |
0.000005 g/cm³ (DMA 4501)
0.000001 g/cm³ (DMA 5001)
|0.00001 g/cm³||0.000005 g/cm³||0.000001 g/cm³|
|Temperature||0.02 °C (0.04 °F) (DMA 4101) |
0.01 °C (0.02 °F) (DMA 4501)
0.001 °C (0.002 °F) (DMA 5001)
|0.02 °C (0.04 °F)||0.01 °C (0.02 °F)||0.001 °C (0.002 °F)|
|Original Extract||0.03 °Plato||-||-||-||-|
|Extract||0.01 %w/w||-||0.015 %w/w||0.01 %w/w||<0.01 %w/w|
|Concentration sugar actual||0.015 °Brix (DMA 4101) |
0.01 °Brix (DMA 4501)
<0.01 °Brix (DMA 5001)
|0.015 °Brix||0.01 °Brix||<0.01 °Brix|
|CO2 concentration||0.005 vol. (0.01 g/L)||-||-||-|
|O2 concentration||2 ppb (in the range <200 ppb)||-||-||-|
|pH value||0.02 (in the range pH 3 to pH 7)|
|Power features||U-View™, FillingCheck™, ThermoBalance™, full-range viscosity correction|
|Minimum amount of sample per measurement||150 ml||2ml|
|Typical measuring time per sample||3 minutes (incl. filling)|
|Typical sample throughput||15 samples per hour|
|Display||10.1" TFT WXGA (1280 x 800 px); PCAP touchscreen|
|Controls||touchscreen, optional keyboard, mouse, and bar code reader|
|Internal storage||more than 10,000 measuring values with camera images|
|Power supply||AC 100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz, fluctuation ±10 %, 190 VA|
|Communication interfaces||5 x USB, Ethernet, CAN, RS232|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||482 mm x 750 mm x 670 mm (19.0 in x 29.5 in x 26.4 in)||482 x 730 x 446 mm (20.7 x 28.7 x 17.6 inches)||526 mm x 347 mm x 230 mm (20.7 in x 13.7 in x 9 in)|
|Weight||approx. 35.7 kg (77 lbs)||22,4 kg (50 lbs)|
|Environmental conditions||(EN 61010) Indoor use only|
|Ambient temperature||15 °C to 35 °C (59 °F to 95 °F)|
|Air humidity||non-condensing; 20 °C, < 90% relative humidity; |
20 °C, < 90% relative humidity; 25 °C, < 60% relative humidity; 30 °C, < 45% relative humidity
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Beverage | Hard Seltzer | Determination of alcohol content in Hard Seltzers Application Reports en
Beverage | Hard Seltzer | Process measurement for Hard Seltzer manufacturing Application Reports en
Determination of the alcohol content in kombucha with Alcolyzer 3001 Beer Application Reports en
To find out if you can purchase online from your location, check the online availability below.
Lab execution software:
AP Connect Pharma
Lab execution software:
AP Connect Standard
- Time-saving – automatic and digital data transfer
- Data quality guarantee – elimination of transcription errors
- Fast decisions – data at your fingertips
- Subscription license (billed yearly)
Lab execution software:
AP Connect Start (Now: 100% discount on checkout)
- Kickstart your paperless lab
- Featuring main benefits of the Standard edition
- Restricted to one instrument, single user access and one export rule
- Now: 100% discount on checkout!