Combined density and sound velocity sensor:
- For concentration measurement of three-component mixtures in one process sensor, e.g. formaldehyde-methanol-water mixtures
- Tailor-made concentration formula development for your application
- Explosion-proof version available
- Inline, bypass, or tank installation
L-Com 5500 represents Anton Paar’s new density and sound velocity sensor combination in one instrument for the measurement of 3-component mixtures. It consists of an L-Dens 7500 density sensor with a piezo-excited U-tube, which is expanded with a sound velocity module. Density and sound velocity values are directly calculated at the sensor electronics.
This fusion results in a high-end sensor with the highest accuracy on the market (5x10-5 g/cm³ for density measurement and 0.1 m/s for sound velocity measurement). It is ideal for the monitoring and controlling of chemicals such as formaldehyde-methanol-water mixtures and for the production control of beers, which are analyzed by their alcohol, extract, and water content.
L-Com 5500 uses digital signal processing and can be equipped with the new Pico 3000 transmitter and Pico 3000 HMI.
L-Com 5000 Version Ex is the explosion-proof version and specially designed for the measurement of flammable liquids in hazardous environments.
Minimized costs – a single sensor for measuring 3-component mixtures
The smart combination of process density and sound velocity sensors enables highly sophisticated concentration measurement with one single instrument.
Concentration determination of 3-component mixtures
- Sucrose-inverted sugar-water
With sensor dimensions of 260 mm x 145 mm x 200 mm (L x W x H) L-Com 5500 can be mounted in the smallest space using various process connections which are common and standard for all industries.
Benefit from in-house concentration formula development for your application, which is then integrated into your instrument.
Highest accuracy – reliable measurement under changing process conditions
The L-Com 5500 sensor combines the outstanding accuracy of L-Dens 7500 with the sound velocity measurement of L-Sonic.
L-Com 5500 stands for:
- The highest accuracy on the market (5x10-5 g/cm3 for density measurement and 0.1 m/s for sound velocity measurement)
- The highest accuracy measurement of process temperature to avoid process temperature influences
- Hermetically sealed U-tube to withstand the humidity condensations resulting from temperature fluctuations between ambient and process conditions
- Pressure-compensated measurement values due to the optional pressure sensor
- Same process media conditions during the determination of both density and sound velocity due to measurement in one cycle
Unstable process conditions are compensated and changing process and environmental conditions have no impact on the performance of L-Com 5500.
Be flexible – inline, bypass, and tank installation
Different options are available for all types of process installations and can be integrated easily and cost-efficiently:
- inline, bypass, and tank installation with integrated pump
- inline and bypass installation without pump
For inline, bypass, and tank installations, L-Com 5500 can be combined with different Anton Paar pumps (Inline Pump 520, integrated sample pump) to ensure constant media flow through the sensor, guaranteeing stable measurement values.
For inline and bypass installations, standard process adapters without the need for a pump are available.
Save time – hassle-free right from the start
L-Com 5500 delivers reliable concentration measurement values right from the beginning. Delivered ready-to-use, including the required concentration formula, the sensor only needs the usual adjustment of the process to the laboratory values.
- Factory-adjusted sensors – ready-to-use
- Integrated concentration formulas
Save money – low operating costs for the whole sensor lifetime
You simply fit the sensor and can rely on concentration measurement at the highest accuracy over the entire working life of the sensor. No additional operating costs for consumables or maintenance have to be calculated, which enables you to keep competitive production costs.
- Robust stainless steel housing
- No consumables
|Process density||max. 2000 kg/m3|
|Process sound velocity range||800 m/s to 2000 m/s|
|Standard adjustment range||700 kg/m3 to 1200 kg/m3|
|Material of the wetted parts||Hastelloy C-276|
Class I Zone 1,
AEx db IIB T4/T5 Gb
|Accuracy in adjusted range |
Sound Velocity Mesurement
0.01 kg/m3 (1 x 10-5 g/cm3)
0.05 kg/m3 (5 x 10-5 g/cm3)
| Process temperature (not Ex version) ||-25 °C to 125 °C|
|CIP/SIP temperature and duration||145 °C for max. 30 min.|
|Ambient temperature (not Ex version)|| |
|Process pressure, absolute||50 bar|
|Recommended flow rate||100 L/h to 500 L/h|
|Communication||Pico 3000: |
|Process connections|| |
Options for integration:
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||258 mm x 142 mm x 178 mm |
258 mm x 156 mm x 195 mm (Ex version)
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Beverage | Soft Drinks | Complete Your Soft Drink Analysis Application Reports en
Beverage | Soft Drinks | Online Process Measurement in the Soft Drink Industry Application Reports en, ko, zh
Beverage | Spirits and Liqueurs | Alcohol concentration measurement of flavored spirits and liqueurs Application Reports en, fr, ja, zh
Chemistry | CH2O | Online measurement of formaldehyde and methanol concentration Application Reports de, en, ja, zh
From measuring result to concentration - the creation of a custom function Application Reports en