Portable density meter: DMA 35
On-site density and concentration measurements in just a few seconds
Take DMA 35 with you at all times and measure the density and concentration of your sample directly on-site – be it for intake control, at-line quality inspections, or on the road. The portable density meter uses only two milliliters of sample and saves you a lot of time as there is no need to transport the sample to the lab. DMA 35 is built to withstand the knocks and spills of outdoor use. If the measuring cell nevertheless suffers from cell rupture, you benefit from the unique patented connection of the measuring cell, which allows replacement. An RFID interface for quick sample identification and a Bluetooth® interface for convenient data handling in the field are integral parts of the instrument. To top it all off, DMA 35 can also be used as a mini benchtop instrument: Turn it upside down, put it on a table and fill the sample with a syringe.
DMA 35 Ex and DMA 35 Ex Petrol are both intrinsically safe and specially designed for the measurement of flammable chemicals (DMA 35 Ex) or petroleum samples (DMA 35 Ex Petrol) in hazardous environments.
A portable density meter providing accurate results, also under harsh conditions
The splash-proof DMA 35 is made for density and concentration measurement in harsh environments, including outdoor operation, while providing the accuracy expected from a lab instrument. The smart oscillator placement makes sure that gas bubbles move to where they can’t affect your result: outside the measuring cell.
Designed for on-site density measurements
- Leak-proof sealed housing to withstand rough conditions in industrial and field applications
- Additional rubber protection keeps the measuring cell safe
- Strong hard-glass front for a long working life
- Operated via capacitive keys with a sensitivity suitable for use with or without gloves
- Suitable for both left- and right-handed users
- Read RFID tags and start or abort measurements via gesture control: one hand is free to hold you steady when measuring hard-to-reach samples.
- For sample temperatures of up to 100 °C, supporting quick decisions, e.g. in the beer brewing process (measurement on hot wort)
- Smart patented oscillator connection (AT516421 B1) enables replacement in case of cell rupture
Intrinsically safe – for use in hazardous locations
- Intrinsically safe models DMA 35 Ex and DMA 35 Ex Petrol (Ex marking [Ex] II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4) for use in hazardous areas
- The only option available on the market for safe measurements in explosive atmospheres
- DMA 35 Ex is particularly suitable for measuring flammable chemicals.
- DMA 35 Ex Petrol is equipped with a special housing which provides excellent resistance to petroleum samples.
- DMA 35 Ex Petrol fully complies with the IP 559 and ASTM D7777 standards.
Fastest filling and measurement – for a huge variety of samples
- Fill all kinds of samples – no matter what the viscosity is – in one second using the built-in manual pump or a syringe.
- No expensive electrical wearing parts: you can easily do all cleaning and maintenance work yourself.
- Measuring cell with inspection window and backlight for convenient inspection of proper sample filling
- The most reliable portable density meter for fermenting beer or wine, due to intelligent oscillator placement (potential bubbles automatically move outside the measuring cell)
- Lock-position of pump preventing sample carryover
- Auto-rotating display for perfect visibility of results at any instrument position
- Influence of viscosity on your density result is automatically corrected: for reliable measurements, also on highly viscous samples
Perfect traceability of density and concentration results
- Storage of up to 250 sample IDs for easy sample identification
- RFID interface for changing measurement settings quickly by reading RFID tags
- Identify immediately if your products are out of spec: DMA 35 gives a color-coded warning if the measured sample is outside your accepted tolerance range.
- Storage of up to 1024 measurement results including time stamp and sample ID
- Wireless data exchange with a PC (csv or txt format) and data export to a printer via Bluetooth® for convenient data handling in the field – no extra software required
- Easy data management using optional license-free AP-SoftPrint program
Leave your glass hydrometer or pycnometer for a digital density meter
- Measurement directly at the sample container
- Requires only 2 mL of sample, filled via the built-in pump
- Preinstalled and programmable concentration units – no further calculations are necessary
- Each unit covers the whole relevant measuring range.
- Results available in seconds
- Perfect traceability of results
- Intuitive user interface without the need for any explanation
Calculate your individual savings now:
Apurba Roy, QA manager, Bengal Beverages (West Bengal, India)
Nadine Etcheverry, enologist, Laboratoire Sarco (Bordeaux, France)
Andrea Bagli, CEO, Birra Amarcord (Rimini, Italy)
|Patents granted||Smart connection of measuring cell: Patent AT516421 (B1), EP3015847 (B1)|
|Other special functions||Viscosity correction for reliable measurements, also on highly viscous samples|
Gesture control for easy one-handed measurements
Identification of results outside your specified limits
|Measuring range||Density: 0 g/cm³ to 3 g/cm³|
Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)*
|Accuracy||Density: 0.001 g/cm³ **|
Temperature: 0.2 °C (0.4 °F)
|Repeatability, s.d.***||Density: 0.0005 g/cm³|
Temperature: 0.1 °C (0.2 °F)
|Reproducibility, s.d.***||Density: 0.0007 g/cm³|
|Resolution||Density: 0.0001 g/cm³|
Temperature: 0.1 °C (0.1 °F)
|Ambient temperature****||Standard Version: -10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
Ex and Ex Petrol version: -10 °C to +40 °C (14 °F to 104 °F)
|Supported measuring units|
|Sample volume||2 mL|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||245 mm x 103 mm x 126 mm|
|Data memory||1024 measured results, 30 measuring methods, 250 sample IDs|
|Power supply||Three 1.5 V LR06 AA alkaline batteries|
|Interfaces||Bluetooth®, RFID (both included by default)|
|Protection class||IP54 |
(first digit: 5 – protection against dust ingress; second digit: 4 – protection against splash water from any direction)
|Intrinsic safety of Ex and Ex Petrol version||Ex II 2 G Ex iB IIC T4|
|Scope of supply||Portable density meter, filling tube, adapter for syringe filling, syringes, transportation suitcase, rubber protection for measuring cell, three batteries, Allen key, instructions|
|Menu language||English, German, Chinese, Japanese, French, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish|
Elongated filling tube
|* Measurements up to 100 °C possible |
** Viscosity <300 mPa•s, density <2 g/cm³
*** according to ISO 5725
**** Sample must not freeze within the measuring cell; Ex and Ex Petrol version: -10 °C to +40 °C (14 °F to 104 °F)
DMA is a registered trademark of Anton Paar (EM 013414867)
EEnergy Institute IP 559
Customer Success Stories
Checking the Fermentation Process in Wine Production Using DMA 35 Application Reports de, en
Cleaning Recommendations for Anton Paar DMA Instruments Application Reports en
Determination of Sulfuric Acid and Oleum Concentration Application Reports en
Determining Filling Volumes based on Density Measurement Application Reports en
Software Features of Anton Paar Instruments for the Pharma Industry Application Reports en
The Hand in Hand Solution for Milk and Dairy Products Application Reports en
Wort Measurement Using the Portable DMA 35 Density Meter Application Reports en