Microwave Digestion System:
- Digestion of different samples in one run using the same method
- Pressure-sealed glass, quartz, or PTFE-TFM vials
- Compact design with integrated cooling system
- With ready-to-use methods and customized application support
- Lowest running costs
Multiwave 7000 combines the well-known concept of Anton Paar’s HPA-S with modern, well-engineered microwave technology, representing a new level of microwave digestion. With the novel pressurized digestion cavity (PDC) temperatures up to 300 °C and pressures up to 199 bar can be achieved. This ensures complete digestions of all kinds of samples such as food, environmental, polymer, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, geological, chemical, and petrochemical samples. Outstanding features save valuable time and reduce running costs. Budget-friendly, different sizes of vials with plug-on caps and racks of up to 28 positions are available. Integrated water cooling minimizes the cooling times and maximizes the sample throughput.
Complete digestions of all sample types
All kinds of samples such as food, environmental, polymer, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, geological, chemical, and petrochemical samples can be digested using Multiwave 7000 – even in the same run using the same method. Multiwave 7000 can be used with high (≥0.5 g) and low sample amounts (≤0.1 g) as well as high (≥50 mL) and low sample volumes (≤100 µL). Pressure-sealed glass, quartz, or PTFE-TFM vials as well as sealed quartz vessels (e.g. for osmium determination) enable the use of all common digestion acids. Additionally, sample stirring can be performed to support digestion of floating samples.
The PDC (Pressurized Digestion Cavity) revolutionizes your sample preparation workflow:
- Vials can be easily placed on an analytical balance, no need for weighing boats
- Sample weights are directly transferred to Multiwave 7000
- The vials are covered with plug-on caps, no tools or screwing are necessary
- The filled PTFE-TFM rack is safely transported in a closed PTFE liner (<1 kg)
- Software-guided, mainly automated opening and closing procedures
- Automated pressurization as well as pressure release and exhaust if acid fumes
- Ready-to-use methods and customized application support, no need for time-consuming method development
- Easy cleaning and storage due to the use of disposable vials and robust vial components, as well as automated cleaning procedures in Multiwave 7000
Low running costs and the highest number of vessels
Multiwave 7000 has low running costs and provides the highest number of vessels in the cavity due to budget-friendly thin-walled quartz, disposable, and PTFE–TFM vials which are closed with robust and re-usable plug-on caps. Multiwave 7000 can be upgraded for different sample weights and volumes with budget-friendly PTFE-TFM racks. The temperature sensor, often a critical handling part, is implemented in the PDC resulting in an easy-to-clean instrument. This also means the temperature sensor is fully shielded by the PTFE-TFM liner.
Compact design with integrated cooling system
Meeting the requirements of versatility, high temperature, and high pressure often results in instruments with a big footprint. Not with Multiwave 7000: due to the integrated touchscreen, integrated water cooling, and a Pt-100 temperature sensor inside the PDC a unique compactness is achieved.
Full communication and outstanding safety
Multiwave 7000 sends automated notifications of completed runs and events via email, and gives an audio notification and a visual notification via SMART LIGHT. Additionally, Multiwave 7000 can be remotely controlled via VNC from your computer, notebook, or mobile phone, which allows you to follow the experiment from any location.
Multiwave 7000 can be equipped with the following racks in a budget-friendly way:
|Rack 28||Rack 24||Rack 18||Rack 9||Rack 6||Rack 5||Rack 12 Mixed|
|Number of vials||28||24||18||9||6||5||12 |
(4 x Rack 9 and 8 x Rack 18)
|PTFE-TFM vial (HF-resistant)||No||Yes|
|Glass vial (disposable)||Yes|
|Rec. filling volume*||4 mL||5 mL||10 mL||25 mL||40 mL||55 mL||4 x 25 mL and 8 x 10 mL|
|Sample amounts (organic)||up to 0.1 g||up to 0.2 g||up to 1 g||up to 2 g||up to 3 g||up to 4 g||up to 2 g|
|Sealed quartz vessel||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Applications||All kinds of samples can be digested with all racks. Choose your rack according to whether you want to run with pressure-sealed vials or sealed quartz vessels and according to the required sample amount, sample volume, or reaction mixture.|
* Depending on the sample amount the filling volume varies. There is no minimum filling volume.
GB T 36592
GB T 36593
GB T 38287
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
2-Step Acid Digestion of Graphite Materials using Multiwave 7000 Application Reports en
Acid Digestion of Lithium-Ion Battery Materials using Multiwave 7000 Application Reports en
Digestion of Fish Samples for Mercury Analysis with PDC Application Reports en
Digestion of Food and Other Organic Samples with PDC Application Reports en
Digestion of Secondary Recovered Fuel Samples with PDC Application Reports en
Digestion of Steels and High Performance Alloys using Multiwave 7000 Application Reports en