Microwave digestion platform:
- A single microwave digestion platform for all your needs
- >500 pre-installed programs, guiding features, and a 'clever' door
- Up to 64 samples in a single run; tool-free vessel handling; 2x faster vessel opening/closing
- 10,1" high-resolution, durable touchscreen display
40 years’ sample preparation expertise driving the most ambitious, user-friendly microwave digestion system ever built: Digestion of a broad array of samples (varying in difficulty or volume), acid leaching, solvent extraction, evaporation, microwave-induced O₂ combustion, sample drying and synthesis. A comprehensive, interactive method library. A customizable, intuitive user interface, and modern sensor technology, together with Anton Paar’s easy-to-handle compact rotors. 500 pre-installed programs. A very ‘clever’ door. Multiwave 5000. The lab chemist’s dream.
- More than 500 programs
- Full-text database search
- Add your own methods if needed
Sometimes, it can be difficult to predict which conditions are required for full digestion, or how a sample will react – especially when dealing with unknown or frequently changing samples.
With a database of more than 500 methods, Multiwave 5000 eases your workload. Use sample tags to search for your application and Multiwave 5000 will provide you with the program – and even recommend a recipe – directly on the instrument, without any paperwork.
A pre-installed method library of >500 programs gives you access to the most comprehensive application knowledge base on the market. No need to spend hours of valuable lab time developing the right method.
- Shortcuts to often-used programs and features
- Start your experiment right from the SmartScreen
Conventional user interfaces make you go through pages and pages of menus and lists each time you’re in front of the instrument.
SmartScreen lets you configure the home screen according to your needs: define shortcuts to often-used programs, menu links, or experiment data.
Save time, nerves and money by configuring the Multiwave 5000 home screen, so the instrument behaves like it’s truly yours.
- Extensive video library with in-depth explanations
You’re not an expert in analytical chemistry but you have to perform acid digestion procedures in your lab. You need an instrument that is easy to operate.
Questions? Simply watch the video manual directly on the screen.
We guide you through the whole process step-by-step.
- A 'clever' door indeed
You’re standing in front of the instrument with a fully loaded rotor, and the door is closed.
With the unique hands-free door opener, all you need to do is push gently against the door. You can do it with your elbow – no need to set the vessels or rotor aside.
It's the simple things: Multiwave 5000 takes convenience to the next level.
- SmartVent technology: Safe overpressure release – for higher sample amounts, higher temperatures and various samples in one run
- Ingenious sensor technology for the best reaction control
Some samples are challenging, they have changing compositions, or their reactivity is unknown.
Multiwave 5000 and its various rotors are designed for any challenge. Premium operation parameters and a supreme reaction control – with the seal of Austrian quality – allow for complete digestion of even the most demanding samples.
Our rotors, especially those with SmartVent technology, are designed for a broad range of samples – from routine ones like food, feed, or environmental samples, to demanding ones like ceramics, oil, polymers, and petroleum.
- Acid digestion and leaching
- Solvent extraction and synthesis
- Special solutions: Microwave-induced O2 combustion etc.
Some samples require special treatment beyond microwave acid digestion.
Multiwave 5000 goes beyond digestion: perform other sample preparation techniques or even synthesis. Microwave heating technology makes all these methods faster, safer, cleaner, and more cost-efficient than classic, conventionally-heated alternatives.
Multiwave 5000 is a future-proof instrument. With the broadest portfolio available, you can extend your setup – rotors from previous models can be carried over.
- Digestion of a large variety of samples
- Up to 50 % higher sample quantities
- Samples with varying reactivity in a single run
Final digestion temperature and sample weight are often limited by the pressure built up during the digestion reaction.
The use of SmartVent technology is a reliable way to deal with overpressure.
Thanks to the controlled release of reaction gases, maximum digestion temperatures are attained independent of the applied sample amounts.
- SmartVent technology for reliable release of overpressure
- Cooling fins and guided airflow enable fast cooling
- Varying vessel volumes; compact, easy-to-handle vessel design
Long liners, lots of vessel components, difficult cleaning and unsafe operation of conventional vessels are downsides in the lab.
The practical design of the SmartVent vessels – available in different volumes – facilitates all steps of operation: from sample weighing and reagent addition to closing, opening, and cleaning.
Fast, safe, tool-free operation providing new levels of performance and convenience for the sample preparation lab.
- Tool-free assembly
- HVT and SVT: Only three vessel parts
- Optimized surface and compact design for less adsorption and easier cleaning
Setup, but also alignment and cleaning of vessel parts, can be tedious. Tools get lost in the lab and additional handling steps can mean setting up an experiment takes longer than the experiment itself.
Opening and sealing Multiwave 5000's rotors, vessels, and sensors is quick and simple – just use your hands.
Unique tool-free handling makes closing and opening vessels twice as fast.
- Rotor 41HVT56: highest throughput for routine samples
- Rotor 20SVT50: high-performance rotor with the highest throughput on the market
- Up to 64 samples in disposable glass vials
Super-high throughput and fast turnover times are often requirements in elemental analysis.
Anton Paar’s rotors are robust, lightweight, and accommodate more samples on a smaller footprint.
The practical design of our vessel impacts all operation steps: from sample weighing and reagent addition, to closing, opening, and cleaning. Digest up to 64 samples in a single run.
- Each instrument is tested individually
- Active and passive safety features
- ETL and GS certificates
Safety is non-negotiable, especially at elevated temperatures and pressures.
Multiwave 5000 comes with active and passive safety features: self-checks, software interlocks, and a resealing safety door. This way, users and equipment are protected.
Each instrument is tested individually, but beyond that, Multiwave 5000 is the only sample preparation microwave platform with ETL and GS “approved safety” certificates from independent testing institutes.
- SmartTemp: Contactless internal temp. measurement (SVT/HVT)
- SmartVent detection for registration of venting events
Correct temperature and pressure control are the key to reliable results. Conventional sensors require extensive efforts to set up, employ only one control strategy, or react slowly due to infrequent vessel control or temperature measurement solely in a reference vessel.
Comprehensive reaction control is guaranteed thanks to temperature and pressure control for each position, including various control strategies for the simultaneous digestion of different sample types. Our newest additions: SmartTemp temperature sensor and SmartVent detection (for identification of venting events).
Reaction control is easier and safer than ever before: The new SmartTemp sensor combines the fast temperature feedback of an internal temperature probe with the convenience of an infrared sensor.
- Visualization of the instrument's status
- Connect your Multiwave 5000 to the technology of your choice
Work interruptions can be annoying and time-consuming. Especially if you have to change rooms to check if everything is running smoothly, or if the experiment has finished.
The color and mode of SmartLight reflect whether an experiment is in progress, finished, or on standby. SmartLink connects Multiwave 5000 to your PC, notebook, tablet, or mobile phone, so you can monitor and operate experiments remotely.
No need to dash over from your desk to check if the run is finished – just cast a glance from afar. Automated notifications keep you informed, whether you’re in the lab or on the go.
The main acid digestion rotors of Multiwave 5000:*
|Rotor 24HVT||Rotor 41HVT||Rotor 20SVT||Rotor 8 NXF/NXQ||Rotor 64MG5|
|Number of vessels||24||41||20||8||64|
|Volume||50 mL/80 mL||56 mL||50 mL||100 mL/80 mL||5 mL|
|Material||PTFE-TFM||PTFE-TFM||PTFE-TFM||PTFE-TFM / Quartz||Glass|
|HF resistance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes (NXF)||No|
|Temperature control||Internal T in all positions / SmartTemp||SmartTemp||T in all positions||IR in 16 positions|
|Pressure control||SmartVent technology / SmartVent detection||p in all vessels||PTFE seal|
|Applications||Routine samples: Biological and environmental samples, EPA procedures, food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical samples||Harder to digest samples: including polymers, ceramics, petroleum products, and alloys||Most difficult samples||Micro samples up to 20 mg|
*Multiwave 5000 can be used with the digestion rotors (Rotor 16MF100 and 16HF100) of Multiwave PRO as well
Chinese Pharmacopoeia (ChP)
Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP)
Pharmacopoeia Europe (Ph. Eur.)
U.S. Pharmacopoeia (USP)
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Application Collection | Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Application Guide Acid Digestion for Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Closed Vessel Digestion for Elemental Impurities Analysis Application Reports
Closed-vessel Digestion of Cosmetics Application Reports
Defined Evaporation in HVT Vessels Application Reports
Digestion Using Rotor 24HVT50 Application Reports
Digestion in Multiwave 5000 Using HF Complexation of Fluorides Application Reports
Digestion of Coal and Graphite Samples with Rotor 20SVT50 in Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Digestion of Demanding Samples Using Rotor 20SVT50 in Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Digestion of Minerals Using Rotor 20SVT50 in Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Digestion of Nutraceuticals Application Reports
Digestion of Petroleum Products Using Rotor 20SVT50 in Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Digestion of Petroleum Products and Lubricants in Less than 90 Minutes Application Reports
Digestion of Solid Recovered Fuels Application Reports
Disposable Inserts for HVT Vessels Application Reports
EPA Methods Sample Preparation in Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Extraction of Chloride of Bitumen Samples Application Reports
Extraction of Environmental Samples for the Determination of PAHs Application Reports
Extraction of Environmental Samples for the Determination of PCBs and OCS Application Reports
Extraction of Organochlorine Pesticided in Animal Feed Application Reports
Extraction of Soils, Clays, Sediments, Sludge and Waste Application Reports
Field Guide to Battery Materials Characterization Application Reports
HVT Vessels with SmartVent Technology for Effective Digestion of Dairy Products Application Reports
High-throughput Acid Digestion or Leaching of Soil Samples with Rotor 41HVT56 Application Reports
High-throughput Digestion of Food and Other Organic Samples with Rotor 41HVT56 Application Reports
Hints for Microwave-assisted Extraction Application Reports
How to Digest Lithium Ores for ICP-OES Analysis Application Reports
How to Digest Lithium-Ion Battery Materials for ICP-OES Analysis Application Reports
How to Digest TCM Application Reports
Hydrothermal Conversion of Carbohydrates Application Reports
LiFePO4 Nanocomposite Cathodes for Li-Ion Batteries Application Reports
MIC for Reaching Lowest Element Concentrations for Pharmaceuticals Application Reports
Microwave Digestion of Aluminumoxide and Zirconiumoxide Application Reports
Parallel Scale-up of the Biginelli Cyclocondensation Application Reports
Parallel Synthesis at its Best Application Reports
Properties of Organic Solvents Application Reports
Standard Digestion Methods in Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Standard Extraction Methods in Multiwave 5000 or Monowave 450 Application Reports
Synthesis | Gas Loading | Inert Gas Atmosphere in Microwave Vessels Application Reports
Total Digestion of Polymers Using Rotor 20SVT50 in Multiwave 5000 Application Reports
Trace Elements in Biological Materials Application Reports
eBook - The Field Guide to Pharmaceutical Powder Characterization Application Reports
Consumables & Accessories
Consumables & Accessories
To find out if you can purchase online from your location, check the online availability below.
PRESSURE VESSEL SVT50
ROTOR LID FOAM 20SVT (5 PCS)
STIR BAR PTFE
O-ring 50x3 EPDM 70
PRESSURE VESSEL HF100
SEAL FORMING DEVICE FOR 8 CAPS
HEATING ELEMENT D = 10, H = 18
PRESSURE VESSEL HVT80
CAP NXF (ASSEMBLED)
PRESSURE VESSEL HVT 56
DISPOSABLE INSERT HVT50/56 (100 PCS.)
QUARTZ INSERT SVT50
Microwave digestion rotor:
- A rotor for the microwave reaction platform Multiwave 5000
- Acid digestion of up to 12 samples in one run
- SmartVent technology handles higher temperatures, heavier sample weights, and samples with different reaction behaviors in one run
- Ideal for routine samples (e.g., environmental, agricultural, food)
Closing Station HVT
Disposable glass vials for vessels with SmartVent technology
Microwave digestion rotor:
- Rotor for Multiwave 5000
- Ideal for the digestion of demanding samples
- Highest sample throughput (20 samples in a run)
- SmartTemp temperature measurement for optimum reaction control
- Only three parts allows tool-free, easy handling of the vessel
Oxygen Combustion Set
- Accessory for Rotor 8NXQ
- Suitable for all combustible solids
- Modern alternative to steel combustion bombs
- Parallel combustion of up to 8 samples
- No electrical components or ignition wires
Magnetic Stirrer Device
- Accessory for microwave reaction systems
- Stirring improves leaching and extraction processes
- Supports acid digestion of floating samples
- Different speeds selectable
Safety Module SOLV
- Accessory for microwave reaction systems
- Ensures safe solvent extraction and microwave-assisted synthesis
- Fail-safe design for maximum safety
- Can be retrofitted to existing setups
- Protein hydrolysis accessory for microwave reaction systems
- Protein hydrolysis of milligrams to grams
- Samples processed in less than one hour
- For up to 60 samples in one run
- Inert gas can be applied
Passive Heating Elements
- Accessory for microwave reaction systems
- Made of sintered silicon carbide (SiC) to provide high microwave absorbance and excellent heat capacity
- Purchase once and reuse again and again
- Chemically inert and easy to clean
- Different racks for storing vessels, liners, and vials
- For Multiwave 5000: Rack 12 for HVT vessels, Rack 10 for SVT vessels, Rack 16 for 16 vessels or liners of Rotor 8 and Rotor 16
- For Monowave 200/400/450: 24 x 30 mL vials and 40 x 10 mL vials
p/T Sensor Accessory
- Accessory for Rotor 16MF100 or Rotor 16HF100
- Precise reaction control within a reference vessel
- Simultaneous pressure and temperature measurement up to 86 bar (1250 psi) and 280 °C