Penetrometer: PNR 12
PNR 12 automatically measures the resistance a material provides to being pierced by a specifically shaped test body. The harder the test material, the more pointed and needle-like the test body should be.
The penetrometer is used for consistency and plasticity determination of pasty, creamy, semi-solid or highly viscous samples.
Benefits at a Glance
- The patented force sensor plunger (optional) will detect the surface of samples even underneath a layer of water. It starts the standardized test sequence automatically and digitally reports the results on the display.
Suitable samples are bitumen < 160 PU (1 Penetration Unit = 0.1 mm), waxes and other comparable hard materials.
- 20 programs (16 of which are individually user-definable)
- Automatic data conversion (NLGI-class, EN-bitumen value, ¼-cone to solid cone and ½-cone to solid cone)
- Limit indicator which gives an alarm when the test value falls outside preset values
- Statistical and database functionality (storage of 200 tests, evaluation of Min, Max, Mean)
- Data readout with USB stick, conversion to Excel®
- Automatic measurements of electrically conductive samples
- Magnifier and extra bright LED sample illumination for reliable manual surface detection
- Jog wheel driven menu (turn and push)
- Password protection
Customized User Flexibility
- Typical PNR 12 accessories:
Needles are suitable for measurements on bitumen, wax, food, cosmetics, etc.
Cones are used for measurements on fats, greases, jellies, creams and similar materials
Perforated disks are primarily used for measuring fluid and highly viscous materials
Rods & rams are suitable for semi-liquid fats, greases and pastes, emulsions, honey, paints, varnishes, potting compounds, ceramic pastes, bread and confectionery
Test kits for grease, waxes, food, cosmetics, sealing mass, pharmaceuticals, etc. are available.
- Calibration kit (optional), officially certified for time, distance and temperature check
- Sensor (optional) for temperature measuring and recording
- Due to the variety of available test bodies PNR 12 is a modular system and comes without a test body
|Measuring range||0 mm to 80 mm (plunger-dependent)|
|Max. test load||2 kg|
|Test duration||0.1 s to 999,999 s|
|Start delay||up to 9999 s|
|Interfaces||USB, LAN, LIMS compatibility|
|Power supply||100 V to 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz, 1.5 A, 70 W|
|Dimensions||300 mm x 380 mm x 570 mm (W x D x H)|
JJIS K 2207
JIS K 2235
PPh. Eur. 2.9.9 - Measurement of consistency by penetrometry
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
Application Report PNR 12: Consistency of Lotion and Balm Application Reports en
Application Report PNR 12: Consistency of Margarine and Other Edible Fats Application Reports en
Application Report PNR 12: Consistency of Microcrystalline Wax (U.S. Pharmacopeia) Application Reports en
Application Report PNR 12: Consistency of Ointment and Cream Application Reports en
Application Report PNR 12: Consistency of White Petrolatum (U.S. Pharmacopeia) Application Reports en
Application Report PNR 12: Easy Data Transfer via Network Application Reports en
Application Report PNR 12: Testing the Consistency of Food Application Reports en
Software Features of Anton Paar Instruments for the Pharma Industry Application Reports en, fr