Surface area and pore analyzers:
- Fastest multi-station BET analyzer for entry-level budgets
- All-in-one instrument: 2 analysis and 4 degassing stations
- Optimized short cells and Dewar for BET analysis with less waste
- 2 % reproducibility with ≥2 m2 total measurement surface area
- Simple to use with pre-loaded profiles and 10-inch touchscreen
The Nova series is designed to provide operational simplicity and velocity – speed in the unwavering direction of precision – across the entire analysis process. Containing 4 degassing stations and up to 4 analysis stations, this instrument delivers four 5-point BETs in 20 mins, with 2 % reproducibility. Follow the analysis workflow on the tabs below to learn how Nova provides unrivaled benefits from start to finish and sets a new benchmark in surface area and pore characterization.
- The complete package in 1 space-saving design
- Only 1 vacuum pump and 1 set of gas connections required
- Degassing isolated from analysis: no contamination possible
I currently have to manage 2 instruments for one complete analysis process (degassing and analysis). Is there a better way?
All-in-one Nova provides 4 integrated degassing stations and up to 4 analysis stations in 1 space-saving design.
This integrated design eliminates the clutter, cost, complexity, and additional bench space of external degassing devices.
- Degassing is completely automated – simply select a profile
- Multiple temperature setpoints and ramp rates
- No timers or operator intervention needed
I want my sample preparation to be automated.
Nova’s 4 integrated degassing stations are software-controlled. Simply set up a profile consisting of one or more target temperature(s), heating rate(s) and hold time(s).
Nova will prepare the sample without intervention according to the profile selected. The profile used will also be recorded with the sample – no more timers or notebooks needed.
- Vacuum or flow degassing up to 425 °C
- Enables preparation of a wide variety of sample materials
- Easily switch between flow and vacuum methods
My lab processes different types of samples requiring different preparation modes.
Nova’s integrated degassing stations are capable of vacuum and flow preparation at temperatures up to 425 ºC.
Appropriate preparation of many sample types is easily achievable with the fully capable degassing stations.
- Degassing profile automatically tracked to the sample ID
- No need for manual input or recording
- Sample ID tracks weight loss after degassing
Currently, our degassing process is manual and requires the details to be kept in a lab notebook. Is there a way to easily document and record this process?
All Nova models provide automatic degassing via a degassing profile that is automatically traced to the sample ID.
Degassing information can be easily retrieved for each sample being analyzed – no more timers or notebooks needed.
- ASTM, ISO, DIN, USP methods included – simply select & go
- Optimized for speed while ensuring conformance
- Reduces setup time of instrument
I need to measure according to a published standard quickly and easily.
All Anton Paar Nova instruments come preloaded with 20+ optimized profiles for various standardized methods.
Take the guesswork out of conformance. Preloaded profiles allow minimal setup and training while ensuring adherence to standards.
- Highest throughput in a benchtop system
- Analyze 4 samples while simultaneously preparing the next 4
- 4 multipoint BETs in 20 minutes; 4 isotherms in 8 hours
Our lab processes a lot of samples for surface area and pore analysis. How can we increase our throughput?
Nova brings the power of 4 plus 4: 4 degassing stations and 4 analysis stations offering the highest throughput available in a benchtop instrument.
Easily keep up with your samples, with 4 multi-point BETs analyzed in 20 minutes, and 4 full isotherms for BET and mesopore characteristics within 8 hours.
- TruZone maximizes analysis sensitivity
- 2 % reproducibility with >2 m2 in the cell
- Measure materials down to 0.01 m2/g
How do I ensure good measurements when I have low surface-area materials and limited sample quantities available?
Nova’s TruZone active coolant level control maximizes the measurement sensitivity. Active control creates a small cold zone on the sample cell that reduces the amount of unadsorbed gas in the cell. This increases sensitivity when measuring those gas molecules which are adsorbed by the sample.
2 % reproducibility with >2 m2 in the cell
- Use Nova mode to obtain your results faster
- 4 x 5-point BET results in 20 minutes
- Operate your Nova completely helium-free
How can I speed up analyses without sacrificing performance?
Performing measurements in Nova mode speeds up the analysis by utilizing sample cells which are pre-calibrated.
Reduction of analysis time without degradation of measurement performance. Performing measurements in Nova mode also allows the instrument to operate free from helium.
- DoseWizard learns from past analyses to optimize dose size
- VectorDose’s constant dose volumes halve analysis time
- Achieve target pressure quickly with a specified Initial Fill
I need my measurements to be even faster. Are there more ways to speed up analysis?
The Nova series features intelligent dosing algorithms such as DoseWizard, VectorDose, and Initial fill, all of which are designed to speed up analysis.
These features further enhance the velocity of the measurement, speeding up the analysis without sacrificing precision.
- Independent station constantly measures saturation pressure
- Standard on every Nova model – no options required
- Complete with dedicated pressure transducer
Environmental variations, such as change of atmospheric pressure or change in LN2 bath temperature, can affect the saturation pressure, causing inaccuracies in data.
Every model of the Nova series comes with an independent p₀ station and transducer.
The accuracy of every measurement is enhanced, without the need to sacrifice an analysis station.
- Visualize the results in real-time on the touchscreen
- Fully control the instrument from the touchscreen
- Upload previous results directly on the touchscreen
I want to see my results as they occur, in real-time, at a quick glance.
The 10-inch touchscreen provides users with real-time measurement results and even full isotherms, without the need for a computer.
Visualize the results as they appear, and check the status of the instrument with a quick glance.
- 20+ included report templates for industry standards
- Fully customizable reporting
- Configure reports for automatic creation after analysis
I need to report my results in a specific format to comply to the standardized methods.
The Nova series comes with 20+ reporting templates – including reports for standardized methods (ASTM, ISO, USP, and DIN) and general property reports for easy data processing.
Easily apply pre-configured templates or create unique templates for automatic reporting of analysis data.
- 25+ peer-reviewed DFT kernels
- Proprietary QSDFT kernels for carbon characterization
- Determine BET range for microporous materials automatically
I want to process my data with different data reduction methods and techniques.
Each Anton Paar Nova instrument brings the most comprehensive data reduction capabilities, including 25+ peer-reviewed DFT kernels, and our proprietary QSDFT kernels, for the most accurate carbon characterization.
The most comprehensive data reduction capabilities enable you to process data using various models. All DFT models are peer-reviewed, ensuring data acceptance.
|Nova 600 BET||Nova 800 BET||Nova 600||Nova 800|
|Measurement principle||Vacuum Volumetric|
|Analysis gases||N2 only||N2, Ar, CO2, and other non-corrosive gases|
|Independent P0 station||Yes|
|Relative pressure range (P/P0 )||10-4 to 0.5||10-4 to 0.999|
|Pressure measurement accuracy||0.1 % (of full scale) *|
|Pressure resolution||Absolute : 1.2 x 10-4 |
Torr Relative : 1.5 x 10-7 p/p0
|Lower specific surface area limit||From 0.01 m2/g|
|Lower absolute surface area limit||From 0.5 m2|
|Surface area reproducibility||2 %**|
|Pore size range||N/A||0.35 - 500 nm (Diameter) (0.35 - 1.1 nm only with CO2)|
|Minimum pore value||N/A||1.2x10-8 cm3|
|Analysis dewar||Volume: 1 L |
Duration: Up to 7 Hours
|Volume: 2 L |
Duration: Up to 40 Hours
|Sample preparation||Integrated Degassing Stations : 4 |
Temperature Control: 2 Heating Zones, Ambient to 425 oC
Available Methods: Flow & Vacuum, Programable Multi-Step Heating Profiles
|Dimensions (DxWxH)||44 cm x 63 cm x 84 cm|
|Operating environment||Temperature : 15 to 35 oC |
Humidity : 20 to 80 % relative, non-condensing
|Wetted parts||Stainless steel, Viton elastomers|
|Gas||Ports: 5 (3 Analysis, 1 Helium, 1 Degas/Backfill) |
Purity: 99.999 % (He, N2)
Input Pressure: 8 to 10 PSIG
|Vacuum connection||Rotary Pump Exhaust Port, KF 16|
|Vacuum requirements||Ultimate vacuum of 2.3 x 10-3 Torr|
|Electrical||Supply : AC 100~240 V AC , 50 / 60 Hz Consumption: 345 VA (Maximum)|
|Kaomi for Nova software||Instrument Control: Up to 4 Instruments |
6 Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish
|Pre-loaded analysis profiles||20+ (ASTM, USP, DIN, ISO)|
|ROHS 3 compliant||Yes|
* Includes precision, linearity, and hysteresis s of the complete pressure measurement system
** Performed with BAM P115 certified reference material
U.S. Pharmacopoeia (USP)
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Analysis of Carbon Black Surface Area: NSA (BET) and STSA Application Reports
Defining Nova Series Equilibration Parameters Application Reports
Material Brief: Battery Cathode BET Surface Area – Nova 600 | 800 Series Application Reports
Material Brief: Graphite – BET Surface Area – Nova 600/800 Series Application Reports
Measuring Low Surface Area Materials Using Nova Series Instruments Application Reports
Merging Pore Size Distributions from CO2 and N2 Adsorption Measurements Application Reports
Mesoporous Catalyst Supports Application Reports
Micropore Size Analysis of Porous Carbons Using CO2 Adsorption at 273 K Application Reports
Sustainable Adsorption Measurements: How to Preserve Helium Application Reports
eBook - Field Guide to Battery Materials Characterization Application Reports
eBook - Field Guide to Food Powder Characterization Application Reports
eBook - The Field Guide to Pharmaceutical Powder Characterization Application Reports
Brochure | Mining Industry Brochures
Nova series - Brochure Brochures
Nova series - Brochure - LTR size Brochures