Softening Point Tester: RKA 5
The ring-and-ball softening point tester automatically determines the temperature at which a substance attains a particular degree of softness. It is used for samples without sharply defined melting points, which become softer and less viscous as the temperature rises.
The RKA 5 with its different ball-centering and dispensing devices is used for bitumen.
Benefits at a Glance
- Temperature-heating rate chart for conformity check of each test
- Multi-point temperature calibration
- Provision against the erroneous detection of air bubbles
- Automatic assessment of results acc. to the requirements of the standard
- Statistical and database functionality
- The heating system is spill-protected and in a sealed case for safe operation and easy cleaning
- A laser scanner system covers the whole beaker cross-section area. This ensures a very reliable detection of the falling ball.
- The smart jog wheel operation system (turn and push) and Pmove®, as an innovative operation platform, make it easy to select one of the pre-set standard programs or choose one of the 20 user-definable settings.
Customized User Flexibility
- Automatic electromagnetic ball-dispensing system (optional) recommendable for softening points > 80 °C.
It consists of a standard test rack and centering guides in combination with two electromagnetic holders for the automatic ball dispensing after 15 min.
- Bar code scanner (optional) for up-to-date sample identification
|Configuration||RKA 5 incl. test rack with manual ball-centering and dispensing device|
|Application range||up to 200 °C|
|Heating||IR radiation, ROBAX® heating plate, spill-protected|
|Stirring||100 rpm to 150 rpm (program-dependent)|
|Display||5” graphical color, graphical menu guidance|
|Cooling after test||Powerful fan|
|Temperature probe||Pt100 (4-wire, gold contacts)|
|Interfaces||RS232, 3x USB, LAN, LIMS compatibility|
|Power supply||115 V or 230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz, 1.2 kW|
|Dimensions||230 mm x 470 mm x 520 mm (W x D x H)|
|Weight||approx. 12 kg|
JJIS K 2207
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle