Webinar on Asphalt Rheology with a DSR
As per the recent BIS norms, Polymer Modified Bitumen (PMB) binder testing will also require Dynamic Shear Rheometer (DSR) measurements. The growing demands in asphalt and bitumen binder testing for performance grading, verification and rutting analysis will require better skilled Rheometer operators with thorough understanding of the testing protocols. Join our upcoming webinar and learn:
- Introduction to Rheology
- Basics of Rheology - Shear Stress, Shear Rate, Torque, Deflection etc
- Overview of the DSR - Instrument and Accessories
- Test Methodologies - Rotational and Oscillatory Tests (including brief explanation of G', G'', and phase shift angle (Delta)
- The need for a tool such as DSR to test bitumen
- Standards for bitumen based on DSR including the test results and the interpretations based on these results
- Other non-standard tests using DSR that highlight certain interesting features of bitumen
Instructor: Dr. Kartik Pondicherry, Dr. M R Nivitha
Dr. Kartik Pondicherry has a Doctorate in Tribology from the University of Leoben in Leoben, Austria. With over a decade of experience in the field of tribology, Dr. Pondicherry managed the global tribology portfolio at Anton Paar in Graz, Austria until the end of 2019. He later moved to India and started as a Technical Manager for Rheology at Anton Paar India. Over the past years, Dr. Pondicherry has conducted numerous seminars and trainings for people from both academia and industry across the globe.
M. R. Nivitha, completed her B. E. Civil Engineering from PSG of Technology, Coimbatore in 2009. She won the L&T Build India scholarship to pursue her Masters in Construction Technology and Management at IITM. She earned her doctoral degree from IITM in the year 2016 for her thesis titled “Rheological Investigations and FTIR Spectroscopy of unmodified and modified Bitumen”. She is currently working as Assistant Professor at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. She has over 20 publications in various national and international peer reviewed journals and conferences. She has delivered invited lectures at various academic institutions and industries. Her broad areas of interests include pavement design and pavement material characterization.
¡Obtenga acceso gratis ahora!
Simplemente complete el formulario a continuación para recibir acceso gratuito a herramientas y contenido restringido.