Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer:
MCR 702e MultiDrive
- The world’s most versatile platform for dynamic mechanical analysis and rheological investigations
- Air-bearing-supported moving-magnet drive for force measurements from 0.5 mN to 40 N to characterize soft and stiff materials
- Accurate temperature control from -160 °C up to 600 °C and beyond
MCR 702e MultiDrive is the most versatile and powerful platform suitable for the dynamic mechanical analysis of solid, soft, and liquid samples. The unique concept enables you to perform dynamic mechanical analysis in bending, tension, compression, and torsion, standard and highly sophisticated rheological measurements as well as thermomechanical analysis (TMA) with one instrument. The modularity of the system allows the integration of a wide range of temperature devices as well as application-specific accessories and measuring systems to cover all requirements of the greatest variety of different applications.
Two drive units for all of your applications
The combination of an air-bearing-supported upper rotational drive and an air-bearing-supported lower linear drive enables you to perform linear dynamic mechanical analysis using the linear drive and torsional dynamic mechanical analysis using the rotational drive. With one instrument, DMA in tension, torsion, bending, and compression as well as all kinds of rheological investigations and even experiments in thermomechanical analysis can be carried out. The choice of measuring mode depends on your application. Due to the use of a state-of-the-art moving-magnet motor, optical encoder technology, and the renowned EC motor technology from MCR rheometers the concept guarantees highly precise measurements in DMA and rheology.
Control the greatest influence of all – temperature
The convection temperature devices are optimized to generate a homogeneous temperature distribution necessary for an accurate control of the sample temperature. Additionally, low temperature options based on a customized gas chiller option (-90 °C) or liquid nitrogen (-160 °C) can be used for precisely controlled cooling. Furthermore, a controlled relative humidity can be applied to the sample in combination with temperature. Each measuring system includes an integrated temperature sensor with a fixed position close to the clamped sample. In this way the measured temperature directly relates to the actual sample temperature and the highest reproducibility over the entire temperature range is ensured without manual positioning of the sensor. Rely on the high-precision temperature control required for truly accurate results for all kinds of tests.
Benefit from more than 200 accessories for rheology
In addition to classic dynamic mechanical analysis rheological measurements open up the possibility of characterizing the deformation behavior of solids and the flow behavior of liquids. To measure different kinds of samples, you require a variety of different measuring systems, accessories, and temperature devices. With the linear motor unit removed, MCR 702e MultiDrive is ready to be equipped with any measuring geometry, temperature device, and/or application-specific accessory known from the Anton Paar MCR series in order to carry out standard and sophisticated rheological analyses of your sample.
Special accessories and customized solutions
Special applications demand innovative and customized solutions. Anton Paar, with its in-house development and production team, is able to provide devices and accessories for special applications. MCR 702e Space MultiDrive for example, offers maximized available working space and this facilitates working with accessories and complementary measuring instruments. Additionally, accessories are available for characterizing solids which are immersed in a liquid or which have to be characterized at temperatures up to 1000 °C. Furthermore, systems are available for the DMA of solid circular bars in tension and torsion as are shafts suitable to be combined with any disposable or customized geometry. For testing powdery samples Anton Paar offers material pockets in combination with the typical DMA measuring systems in bending mode. Do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements and find a customized solution for your measurement task.
Enjoy the convenient setup and ease of use
Whichever choices you make, all temperature devices and measuring geometries are swiftly and easily integrated and exchanged, and your MCR 702e MultiDrive reliably adapts to each new setup. Additionally, the QuickConnect function allows one-hand connection of the measuring systems and ensures fast, convenient system changes without the use of a screwing mechanism. The patented Toolmaster™ feature automatically recognizes and configures all connected devices and measuring geometries. Additionally, the use of integrated temperature sensors as well as fully automated procedures for an optimum alignment (ZeroGap and ZeroAngle) ensure precise measurements without the need for any manual adjustments of measuring systems or temperature sensors.
One software for all demands – multifunctional and user-friendly
The intuitive RheoCompass™ software helps you find the predefined or customized test templates you need, customize tests and analysis definitions, export your data, and generate reports. The software offers a broad variety of predefined but individually adaptable analysis methods, e.g. determination of glass transition temperature or time-temperature superposition. Due to the use of a Microsoft SQL 2012 database managing and retrieving data is as easy as generating it. Filter the data, e.g. by year, batch number, or operator, and display it within seconds.
|MCR 702e MultiDrive |
MCR 702e Space MultiDrive
|Linear drive for DMA in tension, bending and compression|
|Maximum displacement||μm||9400 (1|
|Maximum temperature||°C||600 (950) (2|
|Minimum temperature||°C||-160 (3|
|Maximum heating rate||K/min||35 (2|
|Maximum cooling rate||K/min||30 (3|
|Rotational drive for DMA in torsion and rheology|
|Minimum torque (rotation)||nNm||1|
|Minimum torque (oscillation)||nNm||0.5|
|Maximum angular deflection (set value)||µrad||∞|
|Minimum angular deflection (set value)||µrad||0.05|
|Maximum angular velocity||rad/s||314|
|Minimum angular velocity||rad/s||0 (4|
|Maximum angular frequency||rad/s||628 (5|
|Minimum angular frequency (6||rad/s||10 -7 (7|
|Normal force range||N||-50 to 50|
|Maximum temperature range||°C||-160 to +1000|
|Further information regarding general features, measuring systems, accessories, and specifications when using only rotational drives can be found here.|
|DMA in Tension, Bending and Compression||✔|
|DMA in Torsion||✔|
|Toolmaster™, measuring system||✔|
|Toolmaster™, measuring cell||✔|
|QuickConnect for measuring systems, screwless||✔|
|Low temperature option, nitrogen evaporation unit||o|
|Low temperature option, customized gas chiller||o|
✔ included | o optional
1) In oscillation a maximum displacement of ± 4500 μm.
2) In combination with CTD 600 MDR. Standard measuring systems are for use up to 350 °C. Measuring systems for testing up to 600 °C are available upon request. In combination with CTD 1000 customized solutions up to 950 °C are available upon request.
3) In combination with CTD 600 MDR and low-temperature option.
4) In controlled shear stress (CSS) mode. In controlled shear rate (CSR) mode depending on measuring point duration and sampling rate.
5) Higher frequencies are possible using multi-wave functionality (942 rad/s (150 Hz) or even higher, depending on measuring system and sample).
6) Set frequencies below 10-4 rad/s are of no practical relevance due to the measuring point duration >1 day.
7) Theoretical value (duration per cycle = 2 years).
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Accelerated Creep Testing of Polymers by the Stepped Isothermal Method Application Reports en
Characterizing Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Composites Application Reports en
Dynamic Mechanical Characterization of Fully Bio-Based Composites Application Reports en
Efficient Creep Investigation of Wood-Plastic Composites in Bending Mode Application Reports en
How to Prevent Sample Slip in Tensile DMA Measurements Application Reports en
Consumables & Accessories
Consumables & Accessories
To find out if you can purchase online from your location, check the online availability below.
Accessory for MCR temperature devices:
Low temperature options
- Combinable with electric and convection temperature devices
- Choice of solutions for different low temperature requirements: down to -40 °C, -90 °C, or -160 °C
- Toolmaster functionality for automatic system configuration and error-proofing
Accessory for MCR:
DMA Measuring Systems
- For dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA) in bending, tension, torsion, and compression
- Solid rectangular fixtures, three-point bending geometries, cantilevers, compression systems
- Compatible with MCR 702e MultiDrive
Accessory for MCR:
Convection Temperature Devices (-160 °C to +1000 °C)
- For temperature-controlled rheological and DMA measurements on melts, solids, films, and fibers from -160 °C to 1000 °C
- Homogeneous temperature distribution for accurate & stable results
- For MCR measuring systems: parallel-plate, cone-plate, DMA in torsion or extension, controlled relative humidity, and more