Coating thickness measurement:
- Compact design for quick and easy coating thickness determination
- Sample holder appropriate for a cuboid width up to 47 mm or disc diameter up to 55 mm
- Universal sample holder appropriate for a cuboid width up to 84 mm or disc diameter up to 86 mm
- Hydraulic arm with magnetic foot to target samples of unlimited size
- Combines all advantages of Calotest Compact and Calotest Industrial
Fast measurements in 2 to 5 minutes without sample preparation
Measure the coating thickness of your sample in a couple of minutes without any time-consuming sample preparation. This puts Calotest ahead of other methods that require the sample to be embedded, cut, grinded, polished, and etched before conducting a measurement which usually takes more than one hour.
Accurate thickness results of single- and multi-layers alike
Multi-layer coatings are gaining interest in industry due to their better wear resistance and resistance to fracture. Anton Paar provides a comprehensive software for coating thickness measurement allowing you to individually measure one or several layers and print out reports according to the exact needs of your industry.
Analysis of coating thicknesses between 0.1 μm and 50 μm
Industrial components coated with CVD and PVD, anodic oxidation layers, chemical and galvanic deposits, polymers, paints, and lacquers commonly have a coating thickness of between 0.1 μm and 50 μm. The Calotest models are the ideal instruments for a quick and precise determination of coating thicknesses in exactly this range.
Precise measurement on both flat and uneven surfaces
The ball-cratering method employed by Calotest instruments is an easy and reliable way to assess coating thickness on both flat and uneven surfaces. The optional analysis software handles various types of sample shape – including flat, spherical, and cylindrical – and gives accurate thickness measurements of the coating independent of the sample geometry.
|Shaft speed:||10 rpm to 3000 rpm|
|Abrasion time ranges:||1 sec to 10000 sec|
|Standard ball diameters:||10, 15, 20, 25.4, 30 mm|
|International standards:||ISO 1071-2, VDI 3198|
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty