Process monitors for the chemical and petroleum industries
Monitoring based on accurate measurement results
Anton Paar process monitors are smart sampling and measuring systems combined with an evaluation unit which delivers primary and derived parameters to the process control system. Robust solutions for hazardous areas (Ex zones) as well as systems for chemically aggressive applications are available. For extended functionality such as automatic interlock or basic dosing control, process monitors can be delivered with a control unit. Additionally, the analysis software Davis 5 facilitates data analysis and reporting right from your desktop.
Our process monitors are easy to integrate and built to your requirements. Talk to us about what you need. We will implement our own or third-party sensors to fit your process, space, and materials.
Reliable and accurate measurements under all process conditions
Solutions for all fields of application are available: inline adapters for low-viscosity fluids and liquid gases, along with bypass solutions with sample pumps for media with higher viscosity or low flow rates. You can choose from various operating modes to facilitate measurement, cleaning, and sample drawing. Using Anton Paar sensors or selected high-quality third-party sensors ensures the highest precision, independent of media properties.
Fast integration and low project realization cost
Process monitors by Anton Paar – with their compact and space-saving design – are pre-assembled, wired, tested, and calibrated in the factory, which reduces the effort for installation, integration, and commissioning at your site to a minimum.
Successful process control thanks to powerful control unit
Equipped with a control unit, process monitors are a key factor for successful process control. The PLC-based controller is programmed according to process requirements and allows for:
- Real-time monitoring of product specifications
- Online evaluation of data for quick analysis
- Basic automation functions like machine interlock and simple dosing control
- Stand-alone or remote operation by the supervisory control system
Full traceability and evidence of measuring quality
Additionally, the analysis software Davis 5 is available for data logging and quality reporting – right from your desktop, control room, or calibration lab. Using this software, you can greatly benefit from the following:
- Statistical evaluation and traceability of production line performance and product quality
- Tracing of calibration and adjustment activities and data for reliable proof of measuring quality
- Smooth transfer of laboratory reference values into the process instruments
Realization example: Kinematic Viscosity Monitor for lube oil blending
Anton Paar’s Kinematic Viscosity Monitor is equipped with the viscosity sensor L-Vis 510 or L-Vis 520 and the density sensor L-Dens 7400, ensuring continuous high-precision measurement of dynamic viscosity, density, and temperature under process conditions. The built-in controller calculates the kinematic viscosity at reference temperatures (e.g. 40 °C and 100 °C) according to ASTM D341:
- Stable results via continuous product sampling and resistance to variations of flow, pressure, and temperature
- Safe and convenient operation using a controller with a 7-inch touch panel
- Quality monitoring and interlock function
- Fieldbus connection for remote operation
- Kinematic Viscosity Monitor version for operation in hazardous environments available
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty