KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Raman spectroscopy instruments from Anton Paar are widely used to identify unknown substances, verify samples in quality assurance, analyze the chemical composition of samples, or monitor their changes.
The Compact Raman Analyzer (Cora) series consists of a handheld Raman spectrometer for on-the-spot identification, confirmation of substances in the field, or verification measurements on incoming goods, as well as a range of benchtop Raman spectrometers for quality assurance, and for industrial and academic research.
Detect threats with the Cora 100 handheld Raman spectrometer
Cora 100 is a robust tool which enables safe identification of unknown and dangerous substances within seconds.
Designed to be operated under the toughest conditions, the instrument is widely used for the detection of hazardous materials, narcotics, explosives, and chemical warfare agents. Cora 100 is the intelligent assistant for threat detection and identification of hazardous materials which fits in the palm of your hand.
The intuitive workflow and dedicated accessories enable EOD, hazmat, or CBRNE teams and firefighters to assess the risks involved with substances in order to make life-saving decisions on the spot or in hot-zone environments.
Comprehensive databases like the narcotics database enable the screening of illicit and regulated substances and simplify the daily work of police and customs officers.
Cora 100 is a handheld instrument for Raman analysis designed to assist operators in defense and security markets to make fast decisions which save lives and reduce hazards:
- Know the unknown and identify thousands of substances and mixtures at the push of a button
- Assess potential risks within seconds
- Use safe sampling accessories that protect you
- Fits right into your pocket and weighs only 650 g
- Operate under the toughest conditions as a result of IP67 protection and MIL-STD 810G certification
Find out more about Cora 100 and its various areas of applications:
Simplify your quality control and research using the small benchtop Raman spectrometer Cora 5X00
The Cora 5X00 series of portable material analyzers combines great performance with a small footprint.
Based on the capability to use two lasers in a single instrument, the Cora 5X00 series is able to analyze a wide range of samples and is an indispensable tool for quality control, chemical analysis, and academic research.
Designed to streamline your daily work, the portable Raman instrument can be operated as a stand-alone instrument, using the embedded PC and touchscreen, or, alternatively, via an external tablet or PC.
The battery option increases mobility and allows use in the warehouse, the laboratory, and even as a mobile laboratory in the field.
The Cora 5X00 series is a portable instrument for Raman analysis designed to simplify quality control and academic research:
- Know the unknown and identify thousands of substances at the push of a button
- Three wavelength options or a combination of two wavelengths in a single instrument for different kinds of samples:
- 532 nm for nanomaterials, inorganic chemicals, and graphene characterization
- 785 nm as a standard wavelength for a wide range of applications in chemistry and polymer sciences
- 1064 nm for the analysis of natural products and biological samples
- Custom-made accessories tailored to fit your applications guarantee minimum sample preparation
- Ideal for non-trained users thanks to the intuitive workflow
- ‟Drive-by” measurement with a fiber probe for packaged samples
Find out more about the Cora 5X00 instruments and their various areas of applications:
Combining Rheology and Raman Spectroscopy: Following an Epoxy Resin Curing ReactionApplication Reports
Distinguishing Between Different Crystal Modifications of Titanium Dioxide by Raman SpectroscopyApplication Reports
- Effective January 1, 2020, all new Anton Paar instruments* include repair for 3 years.
- Customers avoid unforeseen costs and can always rely on their instrument.
- Alongside the warranty there is a wide range of additional services and maintenance options available.
* Due to the technology they use, some instruments require maintenance according to a maintenance schedule. Complying with the maintenance schedule is a prerequisite for the 3-year warranty.
Combining Raman spectroscopy with rheology: Correlate physical and chemical properties
During chemical reactions, such as polymerizations or curing, the physical as well as chemical properties of a material change. While the viscoelastic properties can usually be characterized with a rheometer, no chemical information is obtained by mechanical testing. For directly relating the changes in rheological behavior to chemical changes, Raman spectroscopy is employed in situ with rheology. The Anton Paar MCR (Modular Compact Rheometer) series can be easily combined with the Anton Paar Cora Raman spectrometers via an optical fiber probe. Learn how Raman analysis helps you gain a better understanding of your sample and your reactions.Watch now
Measuring graphene with a benchtop Raman spectrometer
Graphene is a two-dimensional novel carbon material with exceptional properties. It has the highest tensile strength of any material known to date, while simultaneously being a good electrical and thermal conductor. For many of the rapidly emerging applications of this material, both in industry and fundamental research, Raman spectroscopy enables on-site measurements for quality assessment and material characterization. In this webinar, we discuss the typical samples, experimental details, and how to interpret the results from Raman spectroscopy.Watch now
Cora 100: Quick and safe Raman analysis for identification of illicit and hazardous substances
Imagine a compact tool, barely larger than your mobile phone, which is able to detect thousands of hazardous and illicit substances within seconds and assists you in making fast, life-saving decisions. Imagine a robust instrument which is able to detect hazardous materials, narcotics, explosives, and chemical warfare agents on the spot or in hot-zone environments. This instrument is called Cora 100 – the Compact Raman Analyzer from Anton Paar. Learn how Cora 100 helps you to identify substances you are dealing with at the push of a button and simplifies the daily work of EOD, hazmat, or CBRNE teams, firefighters, police officers, and customs employees.
See Anton Paar’s Raman spectrometers in action and talk to our experts at the following events:CountryType of seminar/training