Cleveland Flash & Fire Point Tester: CLA 5
The automatic Cleveland Open-Cup (COC) measures and describes the properties of a sample in response to heat and a test flame under controlled conditions. The flash point measures the tendency to form a flammable mixture with air while the fire point indicates the tendency of sustained burning.
CLA 5 is suitable for flash and fire point applications of lubricants or bituminous material.
Benefits at a Glance
- Memory for 1000 tests, 20 operators, 100 sample names, 21 test methods
- Statistical analysis (Min, Max, Mean, Repeatability)
- Measures flash points of silicone samples without any problems
- Automatically lights up the test flame, relights it by an electric igniter and suppresses the gas source at the end of the test
- Test initiation by pre-installed standard test methods and ability to customize methods by 10 user-defined programs.
- Alert messages for out-of-spec results
- Pt100 sample temperature probe calibration either by dynamic calibration against certified ASTM thermometer or by correction table with 21 calibration points.
- Calibration protocol printout
- 5.7” color graphics display shows real-time measurement
- Menu navigation by jog shuttle system with easy turn-and-push operation and color-coded LED indication for each operation mode
- Data handling via USB stick for import into MS Excel® or to LIMS
Customized User Flexibility
- PC-software FPPNet (optional) for convenient remote handling and test data storage
- Automatic skin removal kit (optional)
- Draft deflector (optional)
- Stainless steel sample temperature probe Pt100 (optional)
|Application range||up to 400 °C (°C/°F selectable)|
|Heating||According to methods, programmable and pre-heat mode|
|Detection of |
flash and fire point
|Sample temperature||Pt100 glass probe|
|Barometric pressure correction||Automatic correction|
|Safety||Overheat protection, automatic shut-off|
|Interfaces||3x USB, 1x RS232, LAN|
|Gas supply||50 mbar of propane or butane|
|Power supply||115 V/230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz, 600 W|
|Dimensions||230 mm x 390 mm x 460 mm (W x D x H)|