e-SPRESSO WEBINAR-Carbon Black Essentials: Surface area Measurements- Rubber Filler, Black Pigment and Conductive Additive for Batteries
Carbon black is an essential active-filler component of tires – it's not used just for its color or as a bulking agent – to increase strength and wear resistance. Carbon black for rubber is graded and qualified according to BET surface area (NSA) and external surface area (STSA). Surface area measurements also facilitate an understanding of demands related to dispersants in e.g., paints, and the interfacial area for electron and ion transport in batteries (and it’s reactivity with electrolytes).
The new Anton Paar Nova 600/800 series brings state-of-the-art physisorption technology to these demanding applications, according to the NOVA design principles.
-Next-generation hardware, and accompanying software features:
-Operational simplicity across the entire analysis workflow: preparation and measurement
-Velocity, so you can have both speed of analysis and precision
-Adaptability to keep pace with your analytical needs– today and tomorrow
• Introduction to gas physisorption and the vacuum-volumetric method
• Sample preparation including PowderProtect anti-elutriation technology
• The NSA BET and STSA t-plot calculations: ease of setup and reporting
• Optimizing sample throughput
• Producers and users of carbon black
• Laboratory staff responsible for supporting production and quality assurance
• Anyone interested in the characterization of one of the oldest known useful nanoscale materials
Get free access now!
Simply fill out the form below to receive free access to tools and restricted content.