Fraass Breaking Point Tester:
- Automatic breaking point determination of bitumen, and insight into its behavior at low temperatures
- Optional software for investigating variation of bending force and elasticity, as well as for running permanent bending tests
- Refrigeration with Peltier elements: breaking point detection down to -45°C
The automatic breaking point tester determines the brittle behavior of bitumen at low temperatures.
The Fraass breaking point is the temperature at which the first crack appears in the coating of a thin, flat steel plaque, flexed under descending temperatures.
Benefits at a Glance
- Peltier cooling for the refrigeration of the test chamber
- Touchkey panel with large LC-display
- Software BPACon (optional)
- Calibration set (optional)
- Melting apparatus BPM 5 for steel plaque coating (optional)
- Test chamber refrigeration by Peltier elements. These solid-state cooling elements require a light auxiliary refrigerator only and you therefore avoid investing in a bulky and highly energy-consuming cooler.
Customized User Flexibility
- In connection with the BPACon software the breaking point tester serves as a research tool for different coatings. Not only test proceedings (e.g. variation of the bending force) can be easily watched via a graphic diagram on the PC screen, it is also possible to run Permanent Bending Tests in which the trend of the bending force vs. the temperature drops.
The Force Recovery Trend serves as the criteria for the elasticity of the material under test. The progression in plasticity and in cracking will be displayed numerically or graphically in different scales. With specially created curves of trends for bending or recovery force even very small, nearly not visible breaks of the material can be found with high precision.
|Application range||-45 °C to 60 °C |
(dependent on the temperature of the cooling circuit)
|Programs||Standard (cooling rate 1 K/min) |
for Fraass breaking point
Rapid (cooling rate 2 K/min)
for very low breaking points
Search mode to find the approx. breaking point
User-definable to set up program modifications
|Refrigeration||Peltier elements and optional circulation cooler|
|Detection principle||Force (resolution 10 mN)|
|Interfaces||RS232 for printer, RS232 for PC, LIMS compatibility|
|Power supply||115 V or 230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz, 450 W|
|Dimensions||230 mm x 450 mm x 400 mm (W x D x H)|
|Weight||approx. 12.5 kg|
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Datasheet: BPA 5 Brochures
Pave your way - Asphalt Flyer Brochures
Instruction Manual: BPACon Manuals
Reference Guide: BPA 5 Manuals
Anton Paar ProveTec Update Tool Software and Firmware
Firmware update - BPA 5 (Version F) Software and Firmware
PC-Software - BPACon (Version 184.108.40.206) Software and Firmware
PC-Software - Driver for BPACon (version 1.12) Software and Firmware
Release Notes - BPACon (SW v220.127.116.11) Software and Firmware
To find out if you can purchase online from your location, check the online availability below.