Portable Alcohol Meter for Distilled Spirits: Snap 51
A digital alcohol hydrometer for on-site spirits measurement with outstanding accuracy.
The Snap 51 measures sugar-free distilled spirits at all alcohol strengths – from pure distilled spirits to spirits at drinkable strength – within 30 seconds.
Only two milliliters of sample are taken from the storage tank and measured with an accuracy of 0.1 %v/v directly on-site. The sample name is automatically identified via RFID, and a measurement is started via gesture control. Just read the results in %v/v or °Proof from the large color display, store them, and send them to a PC via Bluetooth®. Results are already compensated for the temperature influence (reference temperature 60 °F, 20 °C and now also 15 °C for the Japanese market).
Snap 51 is ready for left- and right-handed use and is operated via capacitive keys. The newly designed metal bracket ensures a stable, balanced positioning of the instrument on the sample container. A new, improved adjustment routine enhances the reliability of results even at low measuring temperatures and alcohol concentrations.Buy this product online Get in touch
Eliminate any user influence on your alcohol measurements
- Temperature correction of results is done automatically: no need for temperature correction tables!
- Values are shown in %v/v (corrected to 20 °C or 15 °C) or °Proof (corrected to 60 °F).
- Get traceable results due to sample identification via RFID (Radio Frequency Identification).
- Read results from the large color screen, or store them and print or export them to a PC via Bluetooth® later on.
- Accuracy of 0.1 %v/v: by fine-tuning your spirits’ alcoholic strength you save valuable pure distilled spirits and ensure what is on the label is in the bottle.
- Calibration and adjustments are easy to perform with deionized water, following the predefined routine.
Use one and the same alcohol meter for pure and ready-to-drink spirits
- Alcohol measuring range from 0 %v/v to 100 %v/v.
- All your glass hydrometers are replaced by one Snap 51.
- You can use Snap 51 during all stages of spirits production.
- The sugar concentration in fruit juices can also be measured.
- If you already have an alcohol meter in your lab, use Snap 51 for additional quick checks during production or for intake control.
Perform your alcohol measurements on-site in 30 seconds
- 2 mL of sample are taken directly from the storage container with the help of the built-in pump.
- Gesture control enables one-hand operation so you can hold steady when measuring difficult to reach samples.
- The alcohol content, compensated to the reference temperature, is shown on the big display.
- Snap 51 pays off quickly: Learn how much time and money you save by using the digital portable alcohol meter instead of your glass hydrometers.
Rugged design for a long working life
- Robust measuring cell made of metal
- Splash-proof housing
- Operation via capacitive keys
- Hard-glass front
- Designed for on-site use at the storage location of your spirits
- Shipped in a protective transportation case
A high-class digital alcohol meter from the market leader
- The alcohol concentration is derived from a highly accurate density measurement based on the oscillating U-tube principle.
- Anton Paar is the market leader in this technology and has more than 50 years of experience.
- Digital alcohol meters from Anton Paar are the industry standard, used by large-scale distilleries, governmental organizations, and craft distilleries.
|Measuring range||Alcohol: 0 % v/v to 100 % v/v|
Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
(automatic temperature correction)
|Accuracy||Alcohol: 0.1 % v/v |
Temperature: 0.1 °C (0.2 °F)
|Repeatability||Alcohol: 0.05 % v/v |
Temperature: 0.05 °C (0.1 °F)
|Ambient temperature||-10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
|Measuring principle||Oscillating U-tube technology|
|Supported measuring units|
|Internal Storage||1024 measured results, 250 sample IDs, 30 measuring methods|
|Power supply||Three 1.5 V LR06 AA alkaline batteries|
|Sample volume||2 mL|
|Dimension||468 mm x 108 mm x 119 mm (18.4 in x 4.3 in x 4.7 in)|
|Weight||860 g (30.3 ounces)|
|Interfaces||Bluetooth® (data transfer to a PC or printer), RFID (sample identification)|
|Optional available accessories||Wristband, rubber protection housing for the operating panel, portable Bluetooth® printer, Bluetooth® USB adapter|