Time to Evolve 21: How to automate your viscosity determination of petroleum products according to ASTM D2983/D8210 and ASTM D5133/D7110
Knowing the low-temperature flow behavior of lubricants, engine oils, and hydraulic fluids down to -45 °C is crucial in order to guarantee their suitability in e.g. service (flowing, pumping) of mechanical devices and finally, to ensure end-customer satisfaction. In order to do so, an overview of the standardized test methods ASTM D2983/D8210 and ASTM D5133/D7110 is given. As these methods are partly time-consuming (up to 16 hours per sample), ways how to automate quality control checks are given.
- Petrochemistry (e.g. engines)
- Chemistry (e.g. generators)
- Laboratory managers and technicians, supervisor and production managers
- Quality control laboratories, companies interested in viscosity measurements which are in the budgeting phase or consider buying new equipment or replacing the one they have
- Everyone interested in measuring relevant viscosity parameters for quality control
- Everyone who is in the phase of choosing a viscometer for their viscosity measurements
2021-01-20, 09:00 - 09:45 (CET UTC+01:00)
Vortragende: Dr. Patricia Gejer
I am Patricia and I work as product manager in the field of viscometry at Anton Paar. My job is to master the flow of juicy up to jelly-like samples with rotational viscometers to figure out the best solution for your daily problems. Even sticky samples can be characterized easily - let me show you how.
Jetzt freien Zugang erhalten!
Füllen Sie das folgende Formular aus, um freien Zugriff auf Tools und Inhalt mit beschränktem Zugang zu erhalten.