Bitumen Rheology - An online workshop on the basic and advanced test methods with a live demo from the lab
We cordially invite you to join us for this online workshop along with live testing session from our lab with our #OnlineTrainer Dr. Sumanta Raha, Lead Rheologist and Mr. Sumit Singh, Application Specialist.
As per the recent BIS norms, the application of Rheology into Bitumen and Polymer Modified Bitumen (PMB) binder testing will also require Dynamic Shear Rheometer (DSR) measurements. The growing demands in asphalt and bitumen binder testing for performance grading, verification and rutting analysis will require better skilled Rheometer operators with thorough understanding of the testing protocols. In response to this increased demand, we have come up with this online workshop which will be beneficial for government and private agencies, contractor, bitumen suppliers, modifiers, researchers, polymer suppliers, consultants, researchers, academicians working in area of road construction, design and quality control.
14:00 - 14:10 Welcome address
14:10 - 15:00 Rheology of Viscoelastic Materials - a general overview
- Definition of the terms: shear stress / shear rate / shear viscosity
- Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, viscous and viscoelastic materials
- Dynamic shear measurement techniques
- Stress relaxation
- Creep recovery
- Amplitude sweep test
- Frequency sweep test
- Temperature dependence
15:00 - 16:00 SmartPave DSR & Bitumen Testing Fundamentals
- Factors affecting the pavements field performance
- Why bitumen modifications and Rheological significance
- Smart Pave 102 standard configuration (Device, accessories and software)
- Asphalt Performance Grading (AASHTO T315, T316)
- MSCR Test (AASHTO T350)
- Rheometer: Future Advance Applications
16:00 - 17:30 Bitumen Tests – Live from the Lab
- Sample preparation (using Silicon molds, loading, trimming, temperature equilibrium, safety guidelines etc.)
- Performance grading (PG verification)
- MSCR Test
- Viscosity as a function of temperature
Vortragende: Dr. Sumanta Raha
Dr. Sumanta Raha is a veteran in the field of Rheology and Material Science. He completed his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia on “ Rheological Behaviour of Polymer Blends with Co-continuous Nano-structure”. After which, he has contributed back to his field by submitting several journal and conference papers. It is a measure of his expertise that has also created an android mobile app - “Rheology App” which contains information related to Rheology and its applications. Dr. Raha is working as the Lead Rheologist at Anton Paar India presently.
Jetzt freien Zugang erhalten!
Füllen Sie das folgende Formular aus, um freien Zugriff auf Tools und Inhalt mit beschränktem Zugang zu erhalten.