International XRD Symposium 2024
July 9 to July 11, 2024
Graz University of Technology
The event is hosted by the Graz University of Technology and Anton Paar
At the XRD excites: Non-Ambient XRD & Beyond symposium, being held from July 9 to July 11, 2024, in the wonderful Austrian city of Graz, we’ll be discussing the latest advances in the field of powder XRD. We’ll also be celebrating 60 years of non-ambient XRD at Anton Paar with a series of special talks and activities.
Join renowned experts, young researchers, and opinion leaders from the field of XRD at this exciting event.
You’ll benefit from a reduced registration fee if you provide a photo of your non-ambient XRD attachment during registration.
- Join the discussion on topics related to XRD with internationally recognized scientists, young researchers, and other participants from complementary fields.
- Present your own research and ideas to international participants from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Learn about key research topics that are pushing the boundaries of XRD and how they relate to complementary methods and new application fields.
- Establish contacts, broaden your horizons, and discuss the future of X-ray structure analysis methods.
The symposium will consist of several themed sessions with keynote speakers, contributed talks, and a poster session with a poster prize.
- Non-ambient XRD methods and applications
- Operando battery analysis using X-rays
- Total scattering and PDF analysis of disordered and amorphous materials
- Thin film and surface diffraction/scattering
- SAXS for the study of nanostructured materials
Best poster award
We will recognize the best poster presentation with an award certificate and prize money of 250 €.
Participants can attend a guided walking tour of Graz’s old city center – a UNESCO heritage site – in addition to a tour of Anton Paar headquarters. A conference dinner for all attendees will be hosted at “Sudhaus,” Anton Paar’s first-class restaurant and brewery located on the company premises, which serves local delicacies alongside a selection of craft beers.
Non-ambient XRD workshop
We will host a workshop focusing on non-ambient XRD applications on Thursday, July 11, in the afternoon. All interested researchers can register at the registration booth during the conference.
Max-Planck-Institut (MPI) für Kohlenforschung,
Rémy Guillet Nicolas
CNRS LCS – ENSICAEN,
University of Milan,
University of Innsbruck,
New York, USA
University of Warwick,
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology,
Registration must be completed online. All participants must be registered to attend the symposium.
In addition to attending talks by invited speakers, participants can submit an abstract, to present their scientific work orally or during the poster session.
If you want to save 60 € on your registration fee, send us a photo of your non-ambient XRD attachment to xrd-excites[at]anton-paar.com, and we will provide a promotion code that can be used during the registration process. In addition, the most creative photo will win a very special prize to be given out at the XRD excites event.
After registering, participants who indicate they would like to give an oral or poster presentation will be contacted by the organizing committee via e-mail for further instructions on how to submit their abstracts.
Please note that your accommodation will not be booked by the organizing committee. Hotels, bed & breakfasts, and apartments can be found on the Graz tourism website.
- The deadline for registering and submitting an abstract for an oral or poster presentation is March 30, 2024
- The early-bird registration ends on February 22.
- Universities, research centers, industry, NPOs: 250 € (190 € with promotion code or early-bird)
- Students: 160 € (100 € with promotion code or early-bird)
Please click on the link below to be transferred to the third-party registration website (registration is handled through Eventbrite):
The XRD excites symposium will take place at Graz University of Technology, Institute of Chemistry, Stremayrgasse 9, 8010 Graz, Austria. The welcome reception and all lectures will be held here.
Graz, Austria’s second-largest city, is home to three universities, and is a bustling center of culture and higher learning. Just a short train ride from cities like Vienna and Salzburg, Graz is a great starting point from which to see the rest of Austria.
Graz has an international airport, Flughafen Graz-Thalerhof, which can be reached via Frankfurt, Munich, Zurich, Amsterdam, and Vienna.
A train takes you from the airport to Graz’s main train station in about 10 minutes. Taxis are available at the departure gate as well.
From Vienna (AT), via A2 in the direction of Graz. The distance is approx. 200 km and it will take you about 2 hours.
From Munich (GER) via A8, A9. The distance is approx. 388 km and it will take you about 4.5 hours.
From Maribor (SLO) via A9. The distance is approx. 68 km and it will take you about 1 hour.
From Zürich (CH) via A96, A995. The distance is approx. 700 km and it will take you about 8 hours.
Monika Filzwieser, TU Graz (Austria)
Barbara Seibt, TU Graz (Austria)
Linda Künstl, Anton Paar GmbH (Austria)
Heiner Santner, Anton Paar GmbH (Austria)
Get in touch: xrd-excites[at]anton-paar.com