In this webinar we will demonstrate the use of nanomechanical testing, surface charge analysis, and tribology for the characterization of dental materials and bones. Learn how the nanoindentation technique can help in research into enamel lesions and in local characterization of teeth or bone hardness. Furthermore, you will find out how the scratch test and surface charge technique is used for testing of coated and uncoated dental implants and how tribology is used to investigate the friction between a metallic implant and the bone. All these applications contribute to a deeper understanding of medical treatments and optimization of implants, their mechanical and surface properties.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Evolution of tooth enamel hardness after various types of lesions
- Effects of dietary treatment on bone hardness
- Adhesion of hydroxyapatite coating on dental implants
- Friction between bone and hip implant: effects of load and sliding speed
- Surface charge of dental implants
Get free access now!
Simply fill out the form below to receive free access to tools and restricted content.