Time to Evolve 21: How to automate your viscosity determination of petroleum products according to ASTM D2983/D8210 and ASTM D5133/D7110
This webinar has already taken place. The recording is currently being prepared for publication and will be available for online viewing soon. You can request a link to the recording from this page soon.
Knowing the low-temperature flow behavior of lubricants, engine oils, and hydraulic fluids down to -45 °C is crucial in order to guarantee their suitability in e.g. service (flowing, pumping) of mechanical devices and finally, to ensure end-customer satisfaction. In order to do so, an overview of the standardized test methods ASTM D2983/D8210 and ASTM D5133/D7110 is given. As these methods are partly time-consuming (up to 16 hours per sample), ways how to automate quality control checks are given.
- Petrochemistry (e.g. engines)
- Chemistry (e.g. generators)
- Laboratory managers and technicians, supervisor and production managers
- Quality control laboratories, companies interested in viscosity measurements which are in the budgeting phase or consider buying new equipment or replacing the one they have
- Everyone interested in measuring relevant viscosity parameters for quality control
- Everyone who is in the phase of choosing a viscometer for their viscosity measurements
2021-01-20, 18:30 - 19:15 (CET UTC+01:00)
Trainer: Dr. Patricia Gejer
Patricia Gejer completed her PhD in Technical Chemistry from the Graz University of Technology. During her PhD she focused on the research and development of lithium-ion batteries. Prior to joining Anton Paar GmbH, she worked as a cell/battery pack development engineer for Samsung SDI Battery Systems GmbH. She joined Anton Paar in August 2016 and works in the viscometry department as product manager.back