Electrorheology and Rheology during Physical and Chemical Gelation
This webinar will present the theoretical and experimental aspects of rheology of Electrorheological(ER) fluids. These suspensions consist of dielectric particles dispersed in non-conducting phase, demonstrating liquid-to-solid like transition (reversible in nature) under external electric field. Such reversibility enables the tuning of rheological properties, putting such fluids in the category of smart fluids.
This webinar also touched upon various interesting aspects of such fluids: electric field induced anisotropy, strip type pattern evolution under shear flow and electric field applied simultaneously, three- dimensional yielding.
Rheology of Electrorheological (ER) fluids
- Fundamentals of electrorheology
- How to conduct various rheological experiments on electrorheological fluids
- Live demonstrations
- Interesting experimental observations
- Multiple strip formation under simultaneous application of shear and electric fields
- Three-dimensional yielding
Trainer: Dr. Manish Kaushal
Dr. Manish Kaushal - Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Get free access now!
Simply fill out the form below to receive free access to tools and restricted content.