This webinar focuses on one of the most important economic sectors for mechanical surface testing instruments: Metal industry.
Metals account for about two thirds of all the elements and about 24% of the mass of our the planet. Metals are widely used because of their properties: strength, ductility, high melting point, thermal and electrical conductivity, and toughness. Pure metal is of little use as an engineering material because it is too soft and ductile. However, by adding other elements to a pure metal, we can produce a wide range of alloys, much harder, with different and enhanced properties.
In industry, metal processing involves various steps to form a particular product. How these steps are carried out is very important as these steps will eventually determines the mechanical properties of these metals.
In the metal industry, there are 4 major types of customer pains:
- Surface strength: Determine the surface strength of a small defined area on a metallic sample.
- Welding: Study the strength of the weld and the heat effect on the surrounding material.
- Particles strength: Compare mechanical properties of the final product vs. the powder that was used to build this product by additive manufacturing.
- Friction and wear resistance: Increase the lifetime of a metal product in contact with another part.
- Coating strength: Investigate the strength of thermal spray coatings used to protect metal against heat and wear.
You will learn the details of our solutions for each of the above-mentioned customer pain in This webinar.