L-Vis 510 and L-Vis 520 Ex
- Reduces the required lab measurements and increases your throughput
- Best-in-class inline analysis of shear-dependent samples
- Unaffected by pressure drops and changes in flow speed
- Also available as an Ex-version for hazardous areas
The L-Vis inline viscometry solution combines unique inline process technology with the know-how of the world leader in lab rheology. Applying the lowest shear rates allows for best-in-class correlation of results with your lab instruments. The L-Vis sensors stand for reliable inline measurement, especially for samples with shear-dependent behavior – such as sanitary ceramic, shampoos, viscose, and dough – resulting in higher product quality and reducing the time required for analysis in the laboratory. L-Vis 520 Ex is Ex-certified for use in hazardous areas and therefore ideal for inline viscosity measurements on petroleum products, resins, adhesives, and glycol.
Bringing lab measurement inline
- Higher product throughput: The number of lab measurements can be reduced from once per hour to once per day.
- Increased output product quality: Ceramic’s waste, for example, can be reduced by 20 % as continuous inline measurement helps avoid laboratory-related sample preparation issues such as the influence of ambient conditions or read-off errors.
- Reliable inline performance: Being the leading supplier for lab rheology instruments, Anton Paar’s expertise ensures an excellent correlation between inline sensors and lab instruments under a wide variety of operating conditions.
- Adjustable shear rates allow for further improving the lab-to-process correlation by adapting shear rates in such a way that they are closer to those of lab instruments.
Best-in-class analysis of shear-dependent samples
- Get more meaningful and detailed information on your sample’s properties by applying low shear rates down to 10 s-1. Measure, for example, shear-thinning polymer solutions in their low-shear plateau rather than in the shear-bending area.
- Accurately track varying flow behavior throughout different process steps by choosing between three different rotation speeds.
- The influence of temperature variations is minimized due to temperature-compensated viscosity values.
Rely on results, even under harsh process conditions
- The instrument can be installed directly in the product flow.
- Pressure drops and changes of flow velocity up to 2 m/s do not influence the measurement.
- External forces, such as bearing and sealing frictions, do not influence the measurement result.
- Measurements of inhomogeneous fluids and suspensions can be performed, maintaining excellent repeatability.
Various process installation and communication possibilities
- L-Vis can be installed in a stirred tank, in the main line, and in a bypass line. The innovative measuring principle always forces a proper sample exchange.
- Multiple spool pieces and process connections make the installation as easy as possible.
- All relevant fieldbuses as well as an analog 4-20 mA signal are available to ensure communication to your PLC/DCS.
|L-Vis 510||L-Vis 520 Ex|
|Measurement principle||Dynamic fluid pressure||Dynamic fluid pressure|
|Measuring range||1 mPa.s to 50,000 mPa.s||1 mPa.s to 50,000 mPa.s|
|Typical accuracy||1 %||1 %|
|Typical repeatability||0.5 %||0.5 %|
|Process temperature range||-5 °C to +200 °C||-5 °C to +195 °C|
|Ambient temperature||-20 °C to +40 °C||-20 °C to +40 °C|
|Process pressure range||0 bara to 25 bara||0 bara to 25 bara|
|Material||Stainless Steel, anodized aluminum||Stainless Steel, anodized aluminum|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||420 mm x 200 mm x 180 mm||400 mm x 200 mm x 240 mm|
|Weight||approx. 12 kg||approx. 13 kg|
|Flange type|| |
L-Vis process flange DN60 with welding set
L-Vis process flange DN60 with welding set
|Wetted parts||Stainless Steel No. 1.4542, diamond-coated SiC seal, Viton O-ring seal||Stainless Steel No. 1.4542, diamond-coated SiC seal, Viton O-ring seal|
|Installation dimensions||min. 130 mm x min. 100 mm (L x Ø)||min. 130 mm x min. 100 mm (L x Ø)|
|Installation||Inline, bypass, tank||Inline, bypass, tank|
|Installation orientation||Horizontal and vertical||Horizontal|
|Sealing||Single mechanical seal||Double mechanical seal with a buffer fluid|
|Display||35 mm x 60 mm display incl. optical pushbuttons||35 mm x 60 mm display incl. optical pushbuttons|
|Analog output||2 x 4 to 20 mA||2 x 4 to 20 mA|
|Digital output||1 x||1 x|
|Digital input||1 x||1 x|
|Fieldbus communication||PROFIBUS DP, PROFINET, Modbus TCP, EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet||PROFIBUS DP, PROFINET, Modbus TCP, EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet|
|Power supply||24V DC 3.75 A||24V DC 3.75 A|
|Degree of protection||IP 65||IP 65|
|Hazardous area||No|| |
ATEX/IECEx: II 2 G Ex d IIB T6 Gb
Anton Paar Certified Service
- More than 350 manufacturer-certified technical experts worldwide
- Qualified support in your local language
- Protection for your investment throughout its lifecycle
- 3-year warranty
Chemistry | L-Vis Inline Viscometer: Temperature Compensation Application Reports en
Food | Monitoring the spray drying process in the dairy industry Application Reports en, ja, ko, zh
Petrochemicals | Viscosity Measurement of Drilling Fluids with RheolabQC Application Reports en