Associate Technical Sales Representative, Business Unit Measurement
Anton Paar Canada | Montreal or Toronto
Anton Paar Canada, one of the world leaders in Scientific Instrumentation products and services, has an immediate opportunity available for an Associate Technical Sales Representative for its “Measurement” product portfolio, including density, viscosity and lab automation equipment.
The Associate Technical Sales Representative is a member of the sales organization and will have a hunger to learn and contribute to the growth of the team. Daily primary duties include lead generation, sales support, and management of our CRM database.
- Engages in lead generation by calling or emailing prospective customers.
- Generates quotations and assists in closing sales of specified products, parts and accessories across applicable product lines.
- Assists the field sales in arranging lunch and learn seminars and other events at target accounts.
- Maintains CRM database on a daily basis.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all assigned product lines.
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows; reads industry publications to gain knowledge of competitors’ product strengths and weaknesses within assigned sales territory.
- Collects and analyzes pricing and sales data, and tracks competitive pricing trends. Suggests pricing level adjustments to improve market positioning.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and passport.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and be capable of communicating equally well across company lines i.e. with C-level, Ph.D.-level scientists and technicians.
- Knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering, science and technology are a must.
- Ability to work independently with a strong commitment to cultivating new business.
- Prior field based or inside sales experience would be beneficial, but is not required.
- Strong analytical problem solving and math skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Requires up to 30% travel (including international travel)
- Potential criminal record check
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.Sc. degree in mechanical-, chemical- engineering, chemistry, physics or a similar technical field.
- Exposure to business concepts through academic courses or work experience would be beneficial
- A bilingual candidate is preferred (French and English)
We offer you:
Anton Paar Canada offers a unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company. We offer a highly competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and an opportunity for professional growth within the Anton Paar organization.