RoHS- Microwave-assisted Solvent Extraction of Brominated Flame Retardants
The directive “Restriction of Hazardous Substances” (RoHS restricts among other things the use of brominated flame retardants. Multiwave PRO SOLV offers an adequate method for extraction of those compounds from polymer matrices.
Extraction on the Right Way
Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) are used as flame retardants. In recent decades, bioavailability and bioaccumulation of these compounds received more attention.
Microwave-assisted extraction overcomes the drawbacks of traditional techniques (like Soxhlet), especially consumption of time and solvents.
Multiwave PRO SOLV – User Benefits
- Methods: already pre-installed library
- Safety: sophisticated sensors for reaction control
- Speed: more than four times shorter, compared to Soxhlet
- Economic: low solvent consumption
- GLP compliance: full documentation of temperature, pressure and power data
- Modularity: almost unlimited expandability of Multiwave PRO SOLV with several rotor and vessel types for special applications
- Dual-use: easy upgrade for digestion and extraction