Versatile Laboratory SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS system: SAXSpoint 2.0
SAXSpoint 2.0 is the new laboratory SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS system for analysis of nanostructured materials. It determines the size, size distribution and shape of nano-sized domains. SAXSpoint 2.0 is especially suited for analysis of anisotropic materials and nanostructured surfaces. SAXSpoint 2.0 employs brilliant X-rays with high spectral purity and scatterless beam collimation.
Combined with the latest hybrid photon-counting (HPC) detectors it ensures short measurement time and high-quality SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS results for the perfect analysis of your nanostructured materials.
Benefit from SAXSpoint’s large variety of innovative and versatile sample stages which cover many SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS applications. SAXSpoint 2.0 is your innovative and reliable partner for your daily nano research of polymers, liquid crystals, nanoparticles and nanostructured surfaces.
A versatile SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS genius
- Excellent resolution and SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS data quality in a short measurement time
- Brilliant X-ray beam with high spectral purity
- Scatterless beam collimation and the latest hybrid photon-counting (HPC) detector technology
- Versatile sample stages for covering many SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS applications
- Innovative design and spacious sample chamber to meet all your experimental needs
Brilliant features for all needs
- TrueSWAXS – simultaneous small- and wide- angle scattering measurements at scattering angles up to 60° 2Ѳ
- Optional WAXS detector module for simultaneous SWAXS measurements with stationary sample holder
- Auto-detection of configuration and sample stages
Full experimental flexibility
- Dedicated point-collimation system with a highly-brilliant X-ray beam specifically suited for analysis of anisotropic samples and nanostructured surfaces
- Optional fully integrated dual microsource with easy switch over between Cu and Mo radiation for covering various SAXS applications
- Optional high-performance set up with fully integrated Ga MetalJet source by Excillum
- Versatile sample environment for any applications, including GISAXS studies, SWAXS measurements under controlled temperature, humidity, tensile stress, pressure, etc.
- High-throughput screening of liquid and solid nanostructured samples
Powerful control and data analysis software
- SAXSdrive™ – full system control for automated SWAXS experiments
- SAXSanalysis™ – simple and fast data processing using customizable templates
- Dedicated software for advanced SAXS data interpretation
|X-ray source||Microfocus X-ray source (Cu, Mo), optional dual source|
Optional Ga MetalJet source
|X-ray optics and|
|Custom-designed optics (fully evacuated)|
Advanced scatterless beam collimation (fully evacuated)
|Special features||TrueFocus: self-alignment with X-ray beam|
TrueSWAXS: simultaneous SWAXS studies up to 60° 2Ѳ
StageMaster: XYZ stage with auto-recognition of sample stages
|-150 °C ... +500 °C, ± 0.1 °C|
Vacuum, air, inert gas, humidity
(reactive gases on request)
|Sample holders |
|Measurement time||< 1 minute to 30 minutes (typical)|
|0.025 nm-1 to 49.0 nm-1|
200 nm > d > 0.13 nm
|Software||SAXSdrive measurement and acquisition software|
SAXSanalysis data processing and analysis software
Advanced data interpretation software (PCG)
|Dimensions (footprint)||2.7 m x 0.9 m (L x D)|
An insight into the Structure of Copolymer Surfactants
The structure of inhomogeneous (core-shell) nanoparticles was studied with the SAXSpoint system. The internal structure of Pluronic P123 micelles in water was determined by calculating the radial electron density profile.
Characterization of a porous membrane by AFM and GISAXS
A polymer membrane with a pore structure perpendicular to a substrate has been characterized by the Tosca™ 400 and the SAXSpoint 2.0 system.
Collagen - A Validation Sample for SAXS Systems
The performance of the SAXSpoint 2.0 system is evaluated by measurements of tendon collagen. SAXSpoint 2.0 produces data with excellent resolution in the entire angular range and delivers true 2D SWAXS images.
Evaluating GISAXS data with SAXSanalysis using the BornAgain export
A detailed GISAXS structure analysis of a monolayer of gold nanoparticles with SAXSanalysis and BornAgain.
In-situ GISAXS heating experiments on self-assembled Gold nanoparticles
Thermal morphology changes of self-assembled Gold nanoparticles have been studied using the SAXSpoint system with the temperature controlled GISAXS stage.
Mesoporous thin films - Investigating the structure of multi-layered films by GISAXS
Single- and double-layered mesoporous thin films have been analyzed by GISAXS for their structural properties using the SAXSpoint system.
SAXSpoint with MetalJet Source
SAXSpoint now integrates the high-brightness MetalJet X-ray source enabling ultra-fast SAXS measurements in the laboratory.
Targeting Alzheimer’s disease - studying the fibril structure of the Amyloid beta protein on a laboratory system
The fibril structure of Amyloid beta has been studied with the SAXSpoint 2.0 system.
Temperature-dependent GISAXS studies on thin films
The temperature-induced decomposition of a thin film structure has been studied using the SAXSpoint system with the new temperature-controlled GISAXS stage.