Benefits at a Glance
- Automatic heating optimization
- Excellent precision
- Innovative software
- Highest safety level
- Extended range of application
- ADU 5 automatically recommends the best distillation conditions according to the selected program. It features an excellent heat control to guarantee an optimum standardized distillation rate, even for complicated mixtures.
- Thanks to the excellent temperature stability, an automatic correction of the results to standard pressure and perfect distillation rate control, ADU 5 guarantees highly accurate results to ensure outstanding repeatability and reproducibility.
- The software of ADU 5 has been fully adapted to your needs, making the handling as easy as possible. This new user interface is completely adjustable to your preferences.
- For operating in an impressively wide range of application, ADU 5 features cetane index determination, automatic dry-point detection, calculation of the driveability index and an extended temperature range. It can also prepare residue samples for EN ISO 10370.
Customized User Flexibility
- Accessories for ASTM D86 group 0 and solvent distillation (optional)
- Calibrated Pt100 vapor temperature sensor (optional)
- Certified reference materials (optional)
- Cooling option for low-boiling solvents, e.g. methanol (optional)
|Temperature range||up to 450 °C vapor temperature|
0 °C to 80 °C condenser temperature
0 °C to 50 °C chamber temperature
|Measuring system||Pt100 vapor temperature sensor |
Volume detection by light barrier system
|Safety||Overheat and overflow protection with automatic shut-off |
Automated fire-extinguishing system
Low-level detection of cooling liquid
|Gas supply||N2 or CO2 (6 bar to 12 bar)|
|Power supply||230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz, 3700 W|
|Dimensions||410 mm x 650 mm x 850 mm (W x D x H)|
Application ADU 5: Distillation of Food Flavors
It is essential for producers of food, flavors or fragrances to check the qualityof their products and formulations. With the test described the quality and accuracy of the formulation of food flavors was analyzed with the ADU 5.
Application ADU 5: Distillation of Methanol
Distillation according to ASTM D1078 is used to determine the distillation range of methanol as specified in ASTM D1152.
Application ADU 5: Distillation of Reference Fluids
Running a distillation with reference fluids is necessary to check the calibration status of the temperature measurement system in an automatic distillation unit.
Application ADU 5: Ethanol Containing Gasoline
E50 is an important temperature point in gasoline specification. Gasoline oxygenate blends with higher ethanol content show an azeotropic effect which has significant influence on the temperature slope and have special requirements for heater control.