Systems & Backend Developer (f/m/x)
Anton Paar GmbH | Graz und Wolfsberg
As an OS and Linux Systems Programmer you are part of our platform development team. In collaboration with hardware and software developers you will develop and maintain system related software and services. You develop userland applications that will run on embedded devices or even be deployed to a cloud infrastructure.
With your desire to deploy the latest technology you influence the development of our next generation platforms.
- Development and maintenance of systems components
- Service optimizations, bug fixing, add new functionality
- Porting of open-source and third party software libraries
- Development of software tools and utilities from scratch
- Experience with Unix / Linux, Linux Subsystems, Libraries
- Desire to learn new things and perseverance to dig into technical details
- Good C/C++/C# language knowledge and programming skills
- High-integrity, open, communicative, team player
- Capability to generate clear and concise documentation
- Good communication skills
- Communication in English and German
A big plus, but NOT MANDATORY:
- Experience in modern systems programming languages like Rust
- Knowledge of embedded devices based on Linux and OSS
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and services, Docker, AWS, AZURE, SmartOS etc.
- Experience with technologies such as real-time operating systems and OpenEmbedded/Yocto/LFS
- Experience with software configuration management tools like Git and solid understanding of common concepts such as branching, tagging/labelling and merging
We offer you:
- A reliable and long-term workplace in our expanding and international high-tech company
- An innovative company culture that promotes technical excellence guaranteeing us the position of a technological leader in the global market
- A value-oriented working environment that fosters friendly, supportive cooperation between colleagues and, at the same time, provides room for involvement, dedication and individual responsibility
- Individual training and onboarding
- Professional and personal development
This position is subject to the collective agreement governing employees in the metal sector. Your actual salary depends on your experience and qualifications. For the vacant position it will usually be set within the following range (gross per month, excluding overtime): EUR 3.100,-- to EUR 5.100,--.
We do not accept applications via personnel service providers or recruitment agencies and ask all interested parties to submit their documents directly via our career site. Applications via personnel service providers will not be processed. As a matter of principle, we also do not hire temporary workers, but build on long-term, direct employment relationships.
Find more interesting job openings at Anton Paar here >>