Cloud Systems & Backend Developer (f/m/x)
Anton Paar GmbH | Graz
As an OS and Linux Systems Programmer you are part of our platform development team. In collaboration with hardware and software developers you will develop and maintain system related software and services. You develop userland applications that will run on embedded devices or even be deployed to a cloud infrastructure. You help maintaining our software products and their related ecosystem. With your desire to deploy the latest technology you influence the development of our next gener
- Development and maintenance of systems components
- Service optimizations, bug fixing, add new functionality
- Porting of open-source and third party software libraries
- Development of software tools and utilities from scratch
- Experience with Unix / Linux, Linux Subsystems, Libraries
- Desire to learn new things and perseverance to dig into technical details
- Good C/C++/C# language knowledge and programming skills
- High-integrity, open, communicative, team player
- Capability to generate clear and concise documentation
- Good communication skills
- Communication in English and German
BIG Plus but NOT MANDATORY:
- Experience in modern systems programming languages like Rust
- Knowledge of embedded devices based on Linux and OSS
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and services, Docker, AWS, AZURE, SmartOS etc.
- Experience with technologies such as real-time operating systems and OpenEmbedded/Yocto/LFS
- Experience with software configuration management tools like Git and solid understanding of common concepts such as branching, tagging/labelling and merging
We offer you:
- A reliable and long-term workplace in our expanding and international high-tech company
- An innovative company culture that promotes technical excellence guaranteeing us the position of a technological leader in the global market
- A value-oriented working environment that fosters friendly, supportive cooperation between colleagues and, at the same time, provides room for involvement, dedication and individual responsibility
- Individual training and onboarding
- Professional and personal advanced trainings, e.g. based on our education programm "Anton Paar BildungsPLUS"
- A voluntary social package including e.g. our company's own restaurant "Sudhaus" offering breakfast and lunch to special employee prices, healthy snacks delivered to your work place ("Gesunde Jause"), our sports and leisure time activity programme "Anton Paar in Motion" as well as a gym, a company crèche and kindergarten at the premises, subsidised use of public transport etc.
This position is subject to the collective agreement governing employees in the metal sector. Your actual salary depends on your experience and qualifications. For the vacant position it will usually be set within the following range (gross per month, excluding overtime): EUR 3.200,- to EUR 4.200,-.
Find more interesting job openings at Anton Paar here >>