Application Specialist – Surface Area & Pore Size Analysis (f/m/x)
Anton Paar GmbH | Graz
The Application Specialist – Surface Area & Pore Size Analysis operates from the Anton Paar European Technical Centre in Graz as a technical expert with respect to the product line across Europe.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of company products and services and the underlying scientific and technical principles.
- Utilizes advanced scientific knowledge and principles to educate sales people and support customers on the proper use of Surface Area and Pore Size Analysis instrumentation.
- Supports the sales subsidiaries by conducting workshops, technical customer presentations and seminars.
- Conducts in-house instrument demonstrations for international customers, including technical discussions and elaborating the best fitting configuration and SOP for the customer.
- Analyses customer samples that are forwarded to the Anton Paar European Technical Centre.
- Applies scientific knowledge and training to recommend appropriate scientific testing methodologies in order to accurately analyze samples.
- Conducts assessment of customer training needs, develops instructional materials, and delivers training courses via seminars and webinars.
- Researches and writes technical articles, papers, posters and helps in developing sales and marketing material such as application reports.
- Researches and identifies new application opportunities by attending trade shows, conferences, and from sources such as research publications, etc. and advises Product Management accordingly.
- Provides market and product feedback to the product line as required.
- When required supports installations for complex instruments at site in terms of customer training.
- Overnight travel will be required, approximately 25-40% on average.
- Ph.D.in Material Sciences, Chemistry, Physics with exposure to characterization of porous materials preferred.
- Languages: Proficiency in English. Additional skills in German, French and/ or Italian are preferred.
We offer you:
- A reliable and long-term workplace in our expanding and international high-tech company
- An innovative company culture that promotes technical excellence guaranteeing us the position of a technological leader in the global market
- A value-oriented working environment that fosters friendly, supportive cooperation between colleagues and, at the same time, provides room for involvement, dedication and individual responsibility
- Individual training and onboarding
- Professional and personal advanced trainings
This position is subject to the collective agreement governing employees in the metal sector. Your actual salary depends on your experience and qualifications. For the vacant position it will usually be set within the following range (gross per month, excluding overtime): EUR 3.800 to EUR 4.500,00.
We do not accept applications through recruitment agencies and ask all interested parties to submit their documents directly via our job website. Applications via recruitment agencies will not be processed.
As a matter of principle, we do not employ temporary workers but rely on long-term direct employment relationships.
Find more interesting job openings at Anton Paar here >>