Technical Sales Representative - Material Testing Instrumentation
Anton Paar Canada Inc. | Calgary, Montreal, Toronto
Anton Paar is a world leader in the fields of density and concentration measurement, rheometry, material characterization and the determination of dissolved CO2. We develop and manufacture analytical instruments that enable our clients to understand their materials. Reliable data delivered by our measurement instruments enables scientists, researchers, and engineers to proceed with confidence in their research and product development, manage and control manufacturing quality and optimize the output.
Anton Paar Canada was established just three years ago but has been delivering since then a fantastic performance. We have grown our team to over 30 colleagues, recorded on the year to year base a double-digit growth and keep going.
Currently, we have an immediate opportunity available for a Technical Sales Representative to cover material mechanical testing instruments (indentation, scratch testing, and tribology) and atomic force microscopy (AFM) product lines. This job can be based at our office in Montreal or at the home office base.
In your new role, you will be responsible for direct sales of Anton Paar’s material mechanical testing instruments and AFM and services to customers in the University Research area and different type of industries. Your primary responsibilities will include both, the effective management of existing customer accounts and the generation of new accounts through prospecting, lead follow up and direct sales of laboratory instrumentation. You will also visit existing customers on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train them on the correct use of Anton Paar’s equipment.
In this position, you will closely cooperate with Anton Paar’s sales and service organization in Canada as well as with our manufacturing facilities in Europe and the US.
- Strong material or mechanical engineering background including indentation testing, tensile testing, scratch testing, tribology and AFM is a big asset
- Enjoying to communicate with, present and explain Anton Paar’s solutions to Ph.D. level scientists, QC technicians and other stakeholders inside client organization
- The ability to work independently and under little supervision
- Readiness and availability to travel nationally and internationally
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics
- An experience in value-added, solution-oriented and direct sales of technical instruments or laboratory equipment
We offer you:
- A unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and service organization.
- A competitive salary including performance bonus and sales commission, an attractive benefits package and the job stability of a privately owned, long term thinking, global enterprise.
- Excellent corporate culture and values
- A greatly motivated, dynamic and high energy team of colleagues
- Opportunity for professional growth on the national or international level within the Anton Paar organization
If this sounds great to you and you think you would fit in, please submit us your application. We want to hear from you!
- Marketing / Purchasing / Sales