Service Engineer (French and English Speaking)
Anton Paar Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd. | Midrand, Johannesburg
Join Anton Paar Southern Africa as a Service Engineer and ignite your career! Be at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, maintaining, and enhancing advanced measurement and analysis systems. Elevate your skills and make an impact in a dynamic, growing and innovative environment.
- Utilizes scientific knowledge and training to provide engineering and technical support to customers via on site, telephone and/or email on the use, operation, maintenance, and specifications of complex instruments
- Consults with factory specialists, sales and service management on quality related issues; recommends appropriate action
- Analyzes, investigates, interprets, and diagnoses scientific instrumentation to deduce and ascertain whether such instrumentation is functioning properly. Based on analyses, advises customer accordingly
- Analyzes and evaluates malfunctioning instruments, and prepares estimates for the cost of repair
- Performs calibrations, preventive maintenance and repairs of instruments according to the SOP’s
- Identifies and forwards sales opportunities to Business Unit Managers when a sales opportunity may be present
- Performs Installation and basic training
- Maintains knowledge of company products and services to maintain accreditation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attending all necessary service trainings for the relevant product lines
- Substituting for other Service Engineers within the country
- Performing in-house repairs/maintenance of customer and demo instruments as and when required.
- All customer/service interactions to be via CRM
- Frequent travel will be required. This position requires up to 40% overnight travel within South Africa, East African and Sub-Saharan African Countries.
The candidate should provide:
- National Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Physics, or related field is required.
- The ability to work with electronic schematics, test equipment, and tools for repairs is required.
- Three years’ experience in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining complex analytical instruments and/or process instrumentation.
- Good communication skills and strong customer service skills are a must for this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French (Technical French).
- Ability to work on your own with little supervision.
- A valid driver's license and passport are required.
We offer you:
Anton Paar Southern Africa offers you a unique and rewarding position within an innovative and growing Company. We offer highly competitive salary and an opportunity for professional growth within the Anton Paar organization
Find more interesting job openings at Anton Paar here >>