Field Service Representative - Edmonton
Anton Paar Canada Inc. | Edmonton
The Field Service Representative provides on-site service including preventative maintenance, calibration, repair, installation, and training across multiple product lines.
This position will be based in the Edmonton area, but may also conduct supplemental travel into other territories. In your new role, you will be responsible for the service of Anton Paar Canada's customer base active in multiple industries. Your primary responsibilities will include
- The preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of instruments in the assigned region.
- Managing inventory and reporting for accuracy.
- Must be able to complete administrative tasks associated with field service.
- This position requires up to 75% overnight travel within Canada and occasional international travel.
- Any other duties depending on current business needs.
- Maintains proper and correct records of parts and supplies used and related business expenses
In this position, you will closely cooperate with Anton Paar’s sales and service organization in Canada as well as with our manufacturing facilities in Europe and the US.
- Knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering, science and technology.
- Skill in using electronic schematics, electronic testing equipment and repair tools.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication in English and French and good interpersonal skills.
- Occasional overnight travel required for initial and ongoing training.
- Valid passport required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical or chemical engineering, physics or related field is preferred
- CEGEP diploma in a technical field with relevant experience will also be considered
- Some experience in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining complex analytical instruments is preferred
- This position requires a highly motivated individual that is capable of completing assigned tasks with little to no supervision.
- The ability to work with electronic schematics, test equipment and tools for repairs is required.
- A valid driver's license and passport are required.
- The ability to lift up to 25kg regularly or occasionally up to 40kg
- The ability to drive/fly safely for up to 8hrs consecutively
- The ability to carry luggage and/or tools safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- The ability to completely extend the arms with a charge of up to 3kg
- The ability to wear necessary personal protective gear correctly for extended periods of time
- The ability to kneel and crawl in confined spaces
We offer you:
- A unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and service organization.
- A competitive salary including performance bonus, an attractive benefits package and the job stability of a privately owned, long term thinking, global enterprise.
- Excellent corporate culture and values
- A greatly motivated, dynamic and high energy team of colleagues
- Opportunity for professional growth on the national or international level within the Anton Paar organization
If this sounds great to you and you think you would fit in, please submit us your application. We want to hear from you!
Find more interesting job openings at Anton Paar here >>