Associate Technical Sales Representative, Business Unit Measurement
Anton Paar Canada Inc. | Montreal, Toronto
Anton Paar is a world leader in the fields of density, concentration measurement, rheometry, material characterization and the determination of dissolved CO2. We develop and manufacture analytical instruments that enable our clients to understand their materials. Reliable data delivered by our measurement instruments enables scientists, researchers, and engineers to proceed with confidence in their research & product development, manage and control manufacturing quality and optimize the output.
- Engages in lead generation by calling or emailing prospective customers.
- Generates quotations and assists in closing sales of specified products, parts and accessories across applicable product lines.
- Assists the field sales in arranging lunch and learn seminars and other events at target accounts.
- Maintains CRM database on a daily basis.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all assigned product lines.
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows; reads industry publications to gain knowledge of competitors’ product strengths and weaknesses within assigned sales territory.
- Collects and analyzes pricing and sales data, and tracks competitive pricing trends. Suggests pricing level adjustments to improve market positioning.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and passport.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.Sc. degree in mechanical-, chemical- engineering, chemistry, physics or a similar technical field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and be capable of communicating equally well across company lines i.e. with C-level, Ph.D.-level scientists and technicians.
- Knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering, science and technology are a must.
- Ability to work independently with a strong commitment to cultivating new business.
- Prior field based or inside sales experience would be beneficial, but is not required.
- Strong analytical problem solving and math skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Requires up to 30% travel (including international travel)
- A bilingual candidate is preferred (French and English)
We offer you:
Find more interesting job openings at Anton Paar here >>