Pin-on-Disk Tribometer (TRB)
The Pin-on-Disk Tribometer is a table-top instrument, which is compact and can be installed on any stable table. With its combined computer control and TriboX software, it represents an easy-to-use instrument for all materials laboratories interested in conducting Tribological tests. Moreover, the installation is extremely easy: it is a “Plug and Play” instrument.
The Tribometers have proven their reliability in over hundreds of laboratories worldwide, for studying:
- New materials (ceramics, metals, polymers)
- Lubricants and oil additives
- Self-lubricating systems
- Quality assurance
- Precisely calibrated friction and wear measurements
- Stable contact point and no parasitic friction
- Variable sample sizes and shapes
- Automatic switch-off (track length / friction coefficient)
- Test in liquids and controlled humidity
- Testing compatible with DIN 50324 and ASTM
- Software package for PC-controlled data acquisition and instrument control, featuring real-time graphical data display, friction and wear coefficients, sliding lifetime, etc
- Possibility to perform a cross section profile of the wear track by making a pause during the test without modification of the experimental set-up.
- Having the possibility to measure a 10 N Friction force in a standard test enables to characterize not only low friction coatings but also higher friction materials such as conventional systems like steel-steel or Alumina-steel without any limitations.
- Easy verification and calibration of radius sensor, rotational speed and friction sensor.
- Control of the sample wear rate online
- Study of the sample plastic deformation online
|Rotation speed||1 to 500 rpm |
(optional 1500 rpm)
|Maximum torque||450 Nmm|
|Friction force (LVDT sensor)|| up to 10 N |
(optional 20 N)
|Maximum disk dimensions||Ø max. 60 mm|
|Maximum disk thickness||up to 15 mm|
|Maximum normal load||10 N |
(optional 60 N)